It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

waterlily07 HB User
Please help-scared and panic attacks

Hi there,

I've been on desiccated thyroid (3-4 grains) for quite some time. I hated taking the medication for some reason, just didn't feel I really "needed" it when I was first put on it and cleaned up my diet, started exercising and weaned off.

That was about 8 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago I had my first panic attack. I was feeling not great off the medication (sluggish, tired) so two days before the panic attack started up again with a lower dosage (2 grains). In the past I have stopped and started with no other issues other than becoming more tired.

Please don't lecture me on the stopping. I get that I made a HUGE mistake and will never do that again.

Since that first panic attack, I have had others but not as severe and have managed them with herbs. I didn't make the connection until right now that my panic attacks may have to do with my thyroid. Today I went to the dr for a blood test- my regular dr was not there so did not know my history, the dr filling in gave me the blood test form but didn't say anything else except that there could be a link between the attacks and my thyroid.

If my TSH is now high, is it just a matter of starting again?

After my first panic attack, I have felt more hyper (anxious) than hypo so didn't feel like I could add in the thyroid meds as it felt it would make me more hyper and anxious.

Can anyone give me some insight on this? Have I done major damage? I have never had panic attacks previously and I have stopped and started a couple of other times in the last several years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread