It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
(male)

bri1134 HB User
tsh of .75 and many symptoms but dr says not hyperthyroid...opinions please?!

Hi,

I'm new here. Been having symptoms that I thought either mimicked hyperthyroidism or lymes disease. Between the two I hope its hyperthyroid. In addition, my mom was hyperthyroid, her mom was, and my moms siblings and their kids are hypo. I went to the dr the past two years with symptoms and both times they said no to being hyperthyroid. My symptoms are as follows:

Fatigue at the end of the day
Lack of concentration
Recently severe anxiety and panic attacks whichive never had
Brain fog
Sensitivity to alcohol
Memory problems
Disorientation
Dizziness/vibrating in my head
Irregular heartbeat - very hard at times
Difficulty falling and staying asleep
Always hungry
Pressure in head
Mood and personality changes

That's the worst symptoms. My tsh level came back at .754. I have my results and don't see any reference to t3 or t4, so I'm guessing they weren't tested. I'm in the process of looking into lyme disease drs, but given my low tsh and family history maybe I should persue hyperthyroidism first?? Please any help would be much appreciated, as I've been d ealing with these symptoms for going on two years now. Thank you so much.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: tsh of .75 and many symptoms but dr says not hyperthyroid...opinions please?!

You need more tests than just TSH. Ask for a free T4, free T3, and TSI antibody tests. This is the best panel for hyperthyroid-type symptom diagnosis. Your TSH isn't exactly abnormally low, but it's lower than that of the average healthy person. Given the family history, the additional tests are needed to get a clearer picture.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
(male)

bri1134 HB User
Re: tsh of .75 and many symptoms but dr says not hyperthyroid...opinions please?!

Thanks for the reply! I have to go back to regular dr in 3 weeks for some more bloodwork, as my white blood cell count was a little low, so maybe I can have more thyroid testing done as well. Would it be a better idea to have this additional testing done with an endocrinologist, or should I be fine with my general dr for now?

Thanks,

Brian

Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
(female)

gratedanes HB Usergratedanes HB Usergratedanes HB User

Your TSH is fine. It's not clinically in the hyper range until .35, and even .35 would be considered mildly hyper.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1134 View Post
Would it be a better idea to have this additional testing done with an endocrinologist, or should I be fine with my general dr for now?
The current doc can have those labs taken and if you seem to get nowhere with him then consider another doctor.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
(male)

bri1134 HB User
Talking Re: tsh of .75 and many symptoms but dr says not hyperthyroid...opinions please?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
You need more tests than just TSH. Ask for a free T4, free T3, and TSI antibody tests. This is the best panel for hyperthyroid-type symptom diagnosis. Your TSH isn't exactly abnormally low, but it's lower than that of the average healthy person. Given the family history, the additional tests are needed to get a clearer picture.
I've also had recent cbc and my white blood count is a little low. Also have recent onset of severe anxiety and started breaking out with acne on my forehead. I've never had any anxiety before and haven't had acne since I was a teen 10 years ago. Could be related or maybe just stress, as my dad recently passed away from leukemia. I feel like the anxiety has an underlying cause though like thyroid or hormone problems.

Closed Thread