It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

1codder HB User
2.8 cm thyroid nodule!

Hi, I had a vascular screening that showed 2 .8 cm hypoechoic ndoule in rt thyroid. I have a normal TSH. My PCP referred me to an endocrinologist and I have to wait until July 28 for an appointment! The nodule was discovered in mid April. I set myself up for an appointment with an ENT physician who I can see in early June instead, but not sure if my PCP will be on board with this. I just can't stand not knowing what this is for that long!! I hope he'll give me another referral!
Anyone out there think I'm being paranoid? What do y'all think will happen?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: 2.8 cm thyroid nodule!

That's a great idea to go to the ENT! The pcp shouldn't give you a hard time---just say, the timing for the endo is several months, and you can get into the ENT much faster, and the ENT can order the fna (needle biopsy) that you need next. If the doctor would refuse (which I doubt) I would ask them to get you into the endo. sooner.....then they will realize why you've done this.

There's urgency, but no emergency. Most of these nodules are benign, but yours is on the larger side, and you do need a needle biopsy (It's a quick procedure, usually in office) to determine the next step, and you do, with that size nodule, need an ENT/surgical consult anyway.

I had a 2.5cm nodule, found it in october, got my fna results end of december! Got my thyroid out several months later in february----mine was that rare situation of cancer, but there was no emergency, and it's years later, and I'm no worse for the wear.

Good luck getting your next appointment with the ENT, and try not to worry too much, just go through the steps of the process.....you will be okay, no matter what.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
(female)

1codder HB User

Thanks so much for your reply. Makes me feel like its not so urgent. I am a Cancer Registrar, though, and I spend my work days thinking and talking about cancer, so I am maybe a little more sensitive to this. It is good to know that even though your situation was cancer that you are doing well. I do know from my work that the outcomes of standard treatments are excellent, and that helps a lot. I just don't like the idea that this is there I don't know what it is.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
(female)

LC1874 HB User

I also had a sono of my thyroid gland which indicated that there is a lesion/nodule on the right side. I then had lab work done, TSH & T3 levels were normal. However, T4 levels were borderline Low. What does this indicate? I have a feeling of fullness/ lump in my throat that causes me discomfort on a regualr basis as well as fatigue. I have an appointment set up with an ENT, but just thought I should get other opinions from people that might be suffering the same symptoms. Can low T4 & a nodule- indicate hypothyroidism? I just want this feeling to go away. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Closed Thread