Okay, so I have been dealing with very strange symptoms lately. My history is as follows:
- Diagnosed with subclinical hypothroidism Sept.-Oct. 2008 (started Synthroid at this time)
- Got pregnant Nov. 2008
- Had a miscarriage Jan 2009
- Got pregnant immediately after my miscarriage
- Had my son Nov. 2009
- I have been breastfeeding since (only once a day, he's 20 months)
- Got pregnant Feb. 2011
- Had a miscarriage May 2011
Every since my miscarriage I have been having weird symptoms. I have been on Synthroid 75-88 mcg since my diagnosis and I have not had any side effects that I have noticed until possibly since my miscarriage. I'm not sure that Synthroid can cause the symptoms that I have been having. My symptoms are as follows:
- Tight/stiff leg muscles
- Sensitive skin, like I have a sunburn - no rash, just sensitive to touch (this is gone now, but happened for a couple of days)
- Upper back tightness (mostly on right side)
Now, I was wondering if after having a baby or losing a baby would alter your body chemistry enough to have side effects from Synthroid or just have problems with your thyroid in general? During my pregnancy my TSH, and free T4s were tested, but no other thyroid tests were done. After I lost the baby is when these symptoms started. I have had a bunch of other blood tests done which came back normal: CBC w/differential, kidney & liver function, lupus antibodies, rheumatoid arthritis, magnesium, B12, potassium, calcium, and some other routine blood workups.
Sorry so long, but I wanted to give my background with other factors that may have changed my response to Synthroid.
Has anyone had to change medication due to sudden side effects? Can pregnancy change your body's response to a medication that has worked w/out side effects in the past?