It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
(female)

1chris1 HB User
Anyone else losing family,friends, becoming angry?

I have been very ill during the last five years. Divorce, lost job, lost home,new illness every year, yada yada yada. Recently my family is turning away from me and not only that they are judging the way I handle my illness, my life, my kids etc.... I am forty eight years old and not used to all of this loss of privacy and being in the spotlight. I have sent them letters about my diagnosis my limitations and still they don't get it. I am soooooo tired of people in my business. Tired of all the stupid questions that are so superficial.
Some of my friends have stopped calling because I can never spend time with them. I know it's not their fault. But do I have to detach myself completely from these people? I am so overly sensitive now when I talk to these people. Before you think that I have created this situation by myself, you should know that I go out of my way to NOT talk about my situation and I focus on the people I am with. This helps to get me out of my head also. I use lots of humor when I do let them know of hard times I am having and I try not to ask for help and take advantage. I dread my family right now. I don't need the stress. I want to pick up the phone and chew some people out really bad. This isn't going to go away. I think I should spend less time with them. Any advice on that? Thank You.

Last edited by 1chris1; 08-10-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
(female)

Valkatie HB User
Re: Anyone else losing family,friends, becoming angry?

I kind of know where your at right now. I know when I was in the throes of my thyroid situation it was really hard for me to deal with people and their dramas. You are already dealing with your own health issue and then add family and friends drama it makes it down right hard at times.

I grew a short fuse and had to really watch what I say and how I react to people. I still do. I think until you are stablized on the correct meds and all of your hormones are in balance then we will always have a shorter fuse than most.

Hope things get better for you soon.

The following user gives a hug of support to Valkatie:
1chris1 (08-11-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Valkatie For This Useful Post:
1chris1 (08-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread