It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #106
(female)

Ktay14 HB UserKtay14 HB User
Re: New thyroid patient with questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemsrite View Post
So sick today guys ugh! I wake up with headaches for three days now. Itching all over and my vision blurred for a minute last night. Pretty scary! My scan is tomorrow and I'm anxious to finally know. Just a really bad day.
So sorry you are feeling so poorly! Not much longer now....once you get this scan done then the treatment can begin. MG...will she get the results right away or does it take several days same as bloodwork? Try and rest today. Let us know how tomorrow goes. Good luck!

Old 08-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #107
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbtaylor14 View Post
So sorry you are feeling so poorly! Not much longer now....once you get this scan done then the treatment can begin. MG...will she get the results right away or does it take several days same as bloodwork? Try and rest today. Let us know how tomorrow goes. Good luck!
She will be able to see her scans. But the official report will be made by an MDthat looks over the scans and summarizes the results. Depending on how busy the in House ANalyst is it could take some time. Most resultschave a 2-3day turn around for the official report. Whether or not the tech tells you anything depends on office policy. Mine couldn't discuss my results, but she was able to answer general procedure ancd scan questions. So you can ask things like what is a normal thyroids scan color scheme. Does white/yellow/orange indicate a zone of high activity? What do black abd blue indicate? From the answer and seeing your results you will be able to determine if the scan is confirming your blood results. Another good question is to ask if the scan is showing homogeneous or heterogeneous absorption patterns?

What makes the report writing Go faster is an MD requesting a quick turn over of the results. You can request a copy of the results and I would so that you have it in hand.

Hope this helps.
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #108
(female)

Gemsrite HB UserGemsrite HB User

I live in a pretty small area so my results should be back this week. I'll be so happy to have some relief. I literally feel like I'm falling apart physically and emotionally rrr... I wish this process happened faster so I'd already be on my way to feeling tip top. What's the difference between **** and hetero absorption patterns?

Old 08-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #109
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Homogeneous is a uniform mixture or substance. Think of a glass of sand. Heterogeneous is a true mixture a glass of sand, pebbles, rocks, and crud. A healthy thyroid is homogeneous in texture in a scan. Make sense?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #110
(female)

I think I understand. So the more hetero it is does that determine the amount of damage I'm looking at? I read somewhere that if it's Grave's it will be a lot of uptake spread across the whole thyroid. So in other words it'll light up like a fire. Is that correct?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #111
Senior Veteran
(female)

Correct. Heterogeneous tends to mean destroyed or damaged tissue.. Very common in Hashi's. My mom's was a uniform bright white butterfy with a Rim of yellow. Your should be similar as long as Graves has not caused a collapse of the thyroid tissue due to over use. Graves uptake is definitely easily recognizable.
MG

The Following User Says Thank You to mkgbrook For This Useful Post:
Gemsrite (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #112
(female)

Man I feel like my head isn't even connected today geez! So weird like my head is floating around. I wouldn't even know what to call it lol. Anyone else ever feel like this?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #113
Senior Veteran
(female)

YES! I know the feeling you describe. I haven't had that particular feeling in years but when I was fluxing hyperT and hypoT in the early days i had the zombie fog hypoT days and the detached floating head hyperT syndrome. You know the air heads candy commercials? I used go point to those and tell my hubby I feel like that. His response was always... Go check your BP. We would record it and gaveling sign it as a witness if it was really high. I loved the days were I was 140-160 over 30-50. Yeah, those were some weird feeling days. Have you started arguing with your body yet. My husband came home once when I was yelling "Make up your Dang mind!" this was directed to my chest region, he must have felt I had had enough of his "I don't care response to the what do you want for supper query." His response was PIZZA! Yeah, there are all sorts of sensations and feelings the thyroid roller coaster let's you experience. The magic school bus books could do a 7 book series on thyroid human body adventures!

Okay I am getting loopy! Need sleep!
MG

Old 08-30-2011, 05:35 AM   #114
(female)

Quote:
Man I feel like my head isn't even connected today geez! So weird like my head is floating around. I wouldn't even know what to call it lol. Anyone else ever feel like this?
Yes....completely understand the feeling. It is awful to say the least. Hang in there....good luck today.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #115
(female)

Thanks guys!! MG you always make ms smile when I feel like sobbing . I'm in the waiting room waiting for my little radioactive pill. Bring it on!! Let's get this show on the road!!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #116
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Thanks guys!! MG you always make ms smile when I feel like sobbing . I'm in the waiting room waiting for my little radioactive pill. Bring it on!! Let's get this show on the road!!
That is the spirit. It will take a while for the iodine in the pill to get in your system. It was like a four hour process for my mom. The isotope you are given has a 13.5 hour half life. This means it will be about 48 hours to get the radiation for the most part out of your system. It would take 4 days att work before you would stop tripping radiation alarms. We have had a few users and employees fail to notify us of their treAtment. Nothing like have a team of RAD control techs chase you down.

Also remember the iodine will increase all your hyperT symptoms. A steroidal shot from your MD or a five day oral prednisone treatment prescribed by your MD will help with your symptoms.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #117
(female)

Thanks for the info lol cause I'm already shaking like crazy! Lol
I go at 2 today and 8 am tomorrow and then this part is over.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #118
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User

Quote:
Gemsrite,

"I feel like my head isn't connected" on a regular basis. It has definitely improved with the stability of the Armour and all, but one quarter, I couldn't even think straight and honestly struggled to get through classes in the Masters program. Be assured that this isn't permanent because I am doing wonderful in comparison today. But at the time, it certainly doesn't seem like it's improving fast enough. Hang in there! It does get better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Looking4aAnswer For This Useful Post:
Gemsrite (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #119
(female)

Ok guys the tech wouldn't give me any info but I saw the pic and my was it a bright white little butterfly! One lobe appeared to be brighter than the other but there's no doubt I had a large amount of uptake.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #120
(female)

Quote:
Ok guys the tech wouldn't give me any info but I saw the pic and my was it a bright white little butterfly! One lobe appeared to be brighter than the other but there's no doubt I had a large amount of uptake.
MG..what does the white mean again? So Gem you could actually see the scan while it was being done? You go back tomorrow morning, right? well you are one step closer. Hope you have a good night. How are you feeling?

Closed Thread