It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
(female)

clare1982 HB Userclare1982 HB User
Question Hi everyone my other results.......

are in and here we go

This is the results i had before medication
Free T3 48.8 (3.9 - 6.8)
Free T4 100.0 (11.0 - 23.0)
TSH 0.02 (0.35 - 5.00)

commenced on Carbimazole 40mg and Propranolol 80mg

5 weeks into medication

Free T3 9.8 (3.9 - 6.8)
Free T4 15.3 (11.0 - 23.0)
TSH 0.02 (0.35 - 5.00)

I still feel very tired and very emotional its really driving me crazy, Ive spoke to my Doctor today and she informs me that she wants to carry on with the same dose in order to make my Thyroid Under active and then she will prescribe me Thyroxine to bring my levels up!!! im not sure if this is the normal protocol im sure someone on here will be able to shed a bit of light on this for me

At the moment my neck is hurting and my Goitre is deffinately enlarged ive to see my Endocrinologist this thurs so i will see what he will say

Sorry i did post the other day but i havnt been feeling well enough to come back online ive been AWOL but i will ensure i follow this up

Thank you guys to all that have helped me up to now
Clare

Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Hi everyone my other results.......

=clare1982,

This is the results i had before medication
Free T3 48.8 (3.9 - 6.8)
Free T4 100.0 (11.0 - 23.0)
TSH 0.02 (0.35 - 5.00)

Holy cow plop! Wow there is no doubt your thyroid was am eager beaver.

commenced on Carbimazole 40mg and Propranolol 80mg

5 weeks into medication

Free T3 9.8 (3.9 - 6.8)
Free T4 15.3 (11.0 - 23.0)
TSH 0.02 (0.35 - 5.00)

You are still hyperT and need a small increase in ATD dosage by these results. Being tired and hyperT is actually very common. Your are burning your candle at both ends. Think of the flu with a high fever all that increased immune infighting drags you down. Same thing is still happening to you.

I still feel very tired and very emotional its really driving me crazy, Ive spoke to my Doctor today and she informs me that she wants to carry on with the same dose in order to make my Thyroid Under active and then she will prescribe me Thyroxine to bring my levels up!!! im not sure if this is the normal protocol im sure someone on here will be able to shed a bit of light on this for me

Actually this is common in my experience. It is hard to get you at optimal levels via reverse titration or prescribing ATDs. They want to insure that the autoimmune component is suppressed. Most AIs are triggered mybthyroud function. Your thyroid tries to make or move T4 and WHAM your immune system responds with a volley of antibodies to attack the thyroid. In Graves this causes hyperT stimulation in Hashi's this causes a thyroid waste land.

I had three aunts that tried a mixture of ATDs and RAI treatment. The RAI fall out was horrendous. The ATDs worked for one sung with out a need for Thyroidectomy due to cancer. The others might have had success with ATDS if they had tried them versus listening to the RAI is the only treatment propaganda. My aunt successfully on ATDs for over a decade keeps her thyroid levels suppressed to 50-60%. This is right a the bottom of optimal for her. Ocassionally she has to add 25 mcgs of T4 and other times she has to add a smudge more ATDs.

I hope this is what your MD is proposing. Can you get her to clarify how low d
She wants to drive your thyroid levels? Try and get her to explain the technical garbldygoop.

At the moment my neck is hurting and my Goitre is deffinately enlarged ive to see my Endocrinologist this thurs so i will see what he will say

Sorry i did post the other day but i havnt been feeling well enough to come back online ive been AWOL but i will ensure i follow this up
I hope you fell better soon and that you get the care you truly deserve.

Sincerely,
MG

The Following User Says Thank You to mkgbrook For This Useful Post:
clare1982 (09-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
(female)

Ty hunni that makes a whole lot of sense hun, im not sure how low she wnats my levels to go if im honest they have come down quite significantly tho which is great all be it that im still feeling a little poorly

Your post really made me chuckle lol i really appreciate you replying to my post Thank you hun

well they havnt as yet increased my dosage nore have they decreased it but i will be going to see my Endo on Thurs of this week so hopfully he will be able to shed light on all ive never been to see an endo before but it has been explained on here before what they kind of do!

I will keep you posted when i know morw Thank you so muchly again xx
Clare x

Old 09-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

I went to my Endo appointment on Thurs and i felt it was a waste of my time really i really felt that they couldnt wait to get me out of the room!

I have now had my dosage of Carbimazole decreased to 30 mg from 40mg and i have started to feel a little shakey again and genrally tired so im going to ride it out again for a little longer in the hopes my body will adjust to the decrease and then if no better i will up my dose again to 40mg as the endo has advised i go and see him again in 6 weeks time i have to have my 3rd bloods done in 6weeks time also so that will be 8 weeks from when i had them done the last time

Ive gone back to work today and feel absolutely exhausted but wanted to come along and update you all on my journey on the Thyroid Disease

Many Thanks
Clare x

Old 09-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

I am so sorry that your appointment did not go better. I can sympathize. I have had similar experiences. I do not know if it was just a bad bedside manner on the part of my MD or my take during hormonal blahness or if he was just having a bad day.

Wouldn't it be nice to have one pill that we take to cure all ills? My son when he was five and I was still working to get to optimal levels told me he was going to do all the interesting jobs in the world and as a doctor would Create the happy healthy pill. Well he is nine now. I can not figure out if he is going to be a mad scientist or and engineer. I need to remind him there is still a need for that happy healthy pill.

Sincerely,
MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 09-14-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Closed Thread