It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
(female)

acilim HB User
Re: new labs, please help

Lisa, I'm sorry to interrupt your thread. I just wanted to ask MG a question, what did you mean by adrenal backlash? I also can't take birth control pills without feeling awful, just wondering if I'm experiencing what you did?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

The adrenal metabolic system of conversion is extremely comPlex.

In a healthy adrenal and it takes in triglycerides and cholesterol and breaks it done into pregnalone this can the. Be divided up to the specialty factories to make cortisol or aldostorone or your sex hormones progesterone-estrogen-testosterone.

Note there are over a dozen interwoven metabolic paths in adrenal synthesis. This is simplified greatly.

If your adrenals do not function properly, addition of estrogen and progesterone can result in a reversal of the product synthesis path. So you add your BC. This is seems as fuel. The estrogen is converted back to progesterone And progesterone to pregnalone. Then it is shunted up another adrenal Pathway. If excess cortisol is made it can inhibit T4:3 conversion and balance. If excess aldosterone is created you have issues with blood chemistry resulting in you Ca, K, Na, and Cl levels. All of this fluxing can then be passed on to your body in some nasty symptoms. The issue with this is it is hard to catch unless you are really lucky with blood work and timing.

Make sense. KISS. Keeping it simple silly. Adding bcs can act as a temporary blockage in the adrenal synthesis river. In severe cases the river runs backward away fro
The blockage. Hence backlash.

If you have aldosterone or cortisol conversion issues it is possible that you are suffering from backlash when you try to take bcs. Heck I got pregnant on bcs. Twice. They do not fool my body into believing it us pregnant why? It uses the hormones as fuel to support my ineffective cortisol synthetic route.

Wow. Sorry chemistry is one of my things. I am one-third chemist and 2/3 engineer.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Sorry having phone texting reply issues. I hate the auto correcting it dOes and I fail to correct.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

new labs after 3 weeks, decrease of 12,5 mcg (3 PTU + 162 mcg T4 meds)

FT4 1.35 (0.54-1.24)
FT3 3.21 (2.50-3.90)
TSH 0.09 (0.40-3.50)

Any advise please?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

You are still hyperT in T4. Your PTU is holding your FT3 level at 50%. If I was you I would drop my T4 supplementation by 25 mcg. And retest in another three weeks. Your TSH is not a good indicator of your thyroid hormone demand while on PTU.

If in three weeks your Ft3 drops lower and your FT4 is in upper normal range I would ask for a small amount of T3 supplementation.

How are you symptoms? Any improvement?

The Following User Says Thank You to mkgbrook For This Useful Post:
lisa789 (09-24-2011)
Old 09-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

Thank you for your reply, it's dearly appreciated.

25 mcg decrease? would not that be too much?
Another question, like this blood results are taken after 3 weeks, would it drop more or not really? I've no idea. (since most of the times it's recommended to have bloodwork done after 6 weeks).

Any improvement? yeah there is some improvement, some minor changes really. less intense then on 175 mcg. think the fact that I'm sick for that long and still not on the proper dosage ain't helping in that regard. PTU sure makes a big difference.
Sometimes I feel like becoming alive, just ain't happening yet. not sure whether that makes sense, but well a start feeling.

My symptoms:
- extremely tired
- general sick feeling
- bloated, my belly feels like a rock and looks pregnant. it's pretty painful really.
- muscles aches mainly neckregion (causing headaches too)
- sometimes miserable, strange, dizzy kinda feeling in my head
- emotional (so not me), easy irritated, get on my own nerves :-)
- dry mouth
- feverish: my head glows, but my body feels icecold, chills, feverish feeling really, miserable, also cold sweat
- itchy feet (silly but uncomfortable)
- hairloss (a lot)
- acne
- palpitations, my heart bounces very loud.
- short breathed
- heel pain
- cold yet moist hand and feet
- heavy legs
- trouble sleeping (although that has been worse already -> let's knock on wood though)
Think those are the most important ones really.

Last edited by lisa789; 09-24-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #22
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa789 View Post
25 mcg decrease? would not that be too much?
Another question, like this blood results are taken after 3 weeks, would it drop more or not really?
I would decrease by 12,5 and see how that would work. I don't think your FT4 would drop significantly during the next few weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
lisa789 (09-24-2011)
Old 09-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

It only takes 2 weeks for your blood to equilibrate after a dose change. That is why when I was pregnant and hypoT my MDs tested me every two weeks and adjusted accordingly. To test in another 2.

Waiting 4-6 weeks between tests is to allow your symptoms to catch up to your adjusted blood levels. So no in my personal non-MD EXPERIENCE your levels will not change more.

Your symptoms are indicative of hypoT T3 and hyperT t4. I was only in that stay for a few months. The gastric distress and gloating went away when my T3 levels increased.

I think you will benefit from some T3 supplementation. To do this you need to get your T4 levels down. You can step it down by 12.5 again, but I think you will still be hypert4. But I am not an MD nor do I know your body and it's reactivity as well as I know my own or my mom and her sisters.

What did your MD think?

Old 09-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks to you both again, it's dearly appreciated.

any idea how come I get better in the evening despite being hyper? (and levels are higher in the evening right?)

the opposite way around the hypervalues kept increasing till the 6th week, maybe it does not work the same the other way around? (it dropping sooner than building up).

I don't know, 125 my labs were 0.8, on 175 they were 1.54 (or something in that corner), maybe 150 might be somewhere in the middle, just in the toprange of the normal labs? I don't know, just guessing really.
My body and it's reactivity, well all I know is that it reacts pretty strong.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #25
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Quote:
My body and it's reactivity, well all I know is that it reacts pretty strong.
I noticed that your FT4 dropped by .22 units and in my book that is quite a lot with those ranges and such a small dose decrease. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have my levels a bit on the high side rather than on the low side (zero tolerance for hypoT )

Last edited by FinnMaid; 09-25-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

I seem to have zero tolerance for either hypoT or hyperT well think if my body gets a proper supplementation can start to heal that might get better too, but at this point seem intolerant for all of them.
Yeah indeed it dropped quite a bit for the little dosage. so maybe 12,5 to start with might not be all that bad?

Old 09-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #27
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
so maybe 12,5 to start with might not be all that bad?
To me it sounds like a good plan. You'll probably have your labs taken soon and you'll be able to make new adjustments then if needed (getting better towards the evening could mean you're not that hyper after all. Maybe this small tweak is all you need?)

Last edited by FinnMaid; 09-25-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

small tweak? uhm what does that mean? (just an English thing I'm not familiar with).

I'm not sure, in the evening most of the times I'm a bit better, like my body calms down, even with the high labs yeah as far as I remember, was still better in the evening. Not good or anything, but the worst of the day is over.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #29
Facilitator
(female)

By the tweak I meant the small adjustment

Old 09-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

thank you for the clarification.
But you agree it still will be needed, no? I doubt whether it will pop within the ranges after 6 weeks. (ow hormones, does it show?)

Closed Thread