It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

tookie83 HB User
Unhappy TSH RESULTS, cannot get my Dr to call me back

I received my lab results and was notified that my Dr got them 2 days ago, i've call twice and my Dr will not call me back to explain my results. the receptionist told me they won't call unless there is a problem, and another receptionist asked if the Dr was SUPPOSE to call me back. From what i found online and my results saying my TSH is 'out of range' i'm concerned.

I've had horrible leg cramps (jumping), tiredness, rcnt nausea, unstable feeling even when sitting down, muscle/joint aches mostly in hands/ankles/feet. i'm 28/f. had my gallbladder removed 1 yr ago.

can someone please look at my results and give an opinion

TSH, 3RD GENERATION W/ REFLEX TO FT4 15.93 H

T4 FREE 1.0

RETICULOCYTE COUNT, AUTOMATED 2.2

RETICULOCYTE, ABSOLUTE 98,120 H

IRON, TOTAL 64

IRON BINDING CAPACITY 400

% SATURATION 16%

FERRITIN 27

Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: TSH RESULTS, cannot get my Dr to call me back

No offense to anyone here that works in a doctor's office, but they can really be gatekeepers and probably didn't even give the message to the doctor in your case. Your tsh is high, and you have a right to talk to the doctor and express your concern and ask questions.

I would either set a follow up appointment, or just leave a message without getting into conversations with the staff----"Please leave a message with the doctor to call me---if they ask what it's regarding, just say I have a question about something he told me at my appointment, and that's it. If not, leave a message with the doctor's evening service to call.

My husband once had an emergency, and tried to get an appointment with a doctor that not only knows him, but is a good friend of a friend, quite --the staff refused to give him an appointment. On the weekend my husband left a message with the service---the doctor called my husband immediately, and begged his forgiveness, gave him his personal cell for next time............it could be the doctor, but sometimes it's the staff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
(female)

toomanypets HB Usertoomanypets HB Usertoomanypets HB Usertoomanypets HB User
Re: TSH RESULTS, cannot get my Dr to call me back

Looks like you are going to have to keep harassing your doctor. Make an appointment if you have to. I'm guessing the range for your free T4 is 0.8 to 1.8, if so, 1.0 is low and that combined with your high TSH and symptoms, you need to be treated for hypothyroidism. Good Luck!

Old 09-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
(female)

tookie83 HB User
Angry Re: TSH RESULTS, cannot get my Dr to call me back

Someone from my doctors office called 40 minutes after they closed saying the doctor wants me to schedule a followup appt and will not discuss my results over the phone. But since they r closed I have to wait till tomorrow to make the appointment.

Closed Thread