It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

jady1974 HB User
shrinking thyroid nodule with yeast free diet

i've had hypothyroid symptoms since I was around 20 (I'm turning 37 soon); fatigue, dry skin, low energy, insomnia, muscle/joint ache, etc. I saw many many doctors and was told I was healthy despite how I felt.
finally I developed a nodule on my right thyroid about 2 years ago, after having 2 kids with both c section. it was benign and the blood test came out normal.
over time, I noticed my thyroid would swell up especially in the evening and I felt more aches and headaches and even less energy. my endo didn't give me anything except watching -- waiting for something to go terribly wrong?!
my thyroid grew bigger, almost like a golf ball and would get hardened at times, at least that's how I felt. my nodule would look a bit smaller with 14 hours of sleep.
finally, I saw a neutritionist. after tests, she said my thyroid nodule is a symptom rather than the cause and she had to treat in a higher level. she gave me hypothalamus supplement and herb that kills yeast in the digestive system. and I was put on a strict yeast free diet.
the very first day, I felt a lot less tense; I didn't realize how tense I was. I went throu yeast withdrawal symptoms like headache and more fatigue for 5 days. meantime, my tastebuds came back and I could actually taste food. I started feeling sleepy around midnight; I used to feel awake until 2 or 3 usually. I lost 5 lbs in a couple of days and continue to lose about a half lbs every day for the next 10 days. my gums didn't swell up easily any more.
and my thyroid nodule's shrunken so much. no one could really notice any more. i can still feel it when I touch, but it's unbelievable!
20 days after 1st appointment, I went back to see the doctor again. she said my yeast level's gone down half way, so I shall continue the diet. but it's been remarkable.
I have read many things about thyroid online. I understand there are many different cases, but I wanted to share my 2 cents in case if someone else has gone through what I did. I hope it helps. I welcome any questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

lourdesb1975 HB User
Re: shrinking thyroid nodule with yeast free diet

Hi Jady 1974. I ran across your story and I am very interested in hearing how you're doing now. What are the exact medications or supplements that helped you? I need to shrink my Thyroid. I will NOT have it removed. I have 2 nodules which will be biopsied in a few weeks and my bloodwork is all normal. Thank you for sharing!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
(female)

RacherD HB User
Re: shrinking thyroid nodule with yeast free diet

I'm also very interested in hearing which supplements she put you on! And any dietary guidelines that you can share.

Reply Reply