It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
(male)

jays567 HB User
Hypo with Chest Pains

Hi All,

I'm a 30 y/o male with hypothyroidism. I've had it for about 7 years now, and it has only been treated off and on. Recently my TSH doubled to 15 (in one month). I started back on 50Mcg of Levo (Mylan brand) about 2 months ago.

Chest Pain

For the past 3 weeks, I've had mild to moderate chest pain. The pain is very random, but typically is on the left side of my chest, behind my nipple and sometimes directly below it. I've been to multiple ERs in the past 3 weeks and have had every heart test done - from EKGs, to Echos, to Thallium stress tests, and even an angiogram. All tests come back normal - except for the echo which showed "mild diastolic dysfunction, mild mitral regurgitation, mild pumoinc insufficiency, and mild tricuspid insufficiency". My cardiologist says this is perfectly normal for a 30 year old.

The pain is more prevalent after I've laid down - after sleeping for a few hours - I get up and I there's a sharp or dull pain right behind my left breast. It tends to go away after a few minutes. However, these pains are now happening during the day, randomly and only last for 1-3 seconds.

Every doctor I see now tells me it is not my heart because of all of these tests. They pawn it off on anxiety or GERD/acid reflux - but I've NEVER had a problem with indigestion before this all started. Now, I burp frequently, especially after getting up from a lying position.

Has anyone out there ever experienced chest pains with their hypo condition? I am really worried that this is my heart and these doctors are just missing it...but all of these tests are supposed to be reliable.

BTW, my thyroid is not under control right now...TSH is still in the 15s, Free T3 is about 2.2 (range 2.4-5). My blood pressure has also dropped since this started to 105/60. Normal for me is 115/70

Please help...

Last edited by jays567; 02-08-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: Hypo with Chest Pains

Hi there,

welcome to the board, although I'm sorry for the reason you're here.

I'm glad you had your heart checked out by a cardio!

To answer your question whether anybody experienced what you describe while being hypo. As a matter of fact, yes must be about a month ago now, but all of a sudden I experienced something pretty similar to what you describe. It's pretty painful and frightening. costochondritis was mentioned. Currently (let's knock on wood) it's better.

hang in there

Last edited by lisa789; 02-08-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
(female)

LorriFinch HB User
Re: Hypo with Chest Pains

that is actually how i found out i had hypotyroidism. i started having chest pains and went to the e.r. as you said they performed ekg, stress tests,etc. that was when they diagnosed me with levels of 11. if you find out anything else on this subject please post. i am concerned myself about the chest pains.

Reply Reply