It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

Lolly808 HB UserLolly808 HB User
One week post op

Hi everyone,

Well I am one week post op and I'm feeling better but not feeling great.

For example today I started out feeling good, even drove myself to get my yearly echo and all went well.

But then I totally crashed. So I napped on the sofa (recliner part) and woke up crying from a terrible nightmare. I couldn't stop crying for a long time.

I still feel really sick. I'm tired and I just feel "off". I don't feel well. I still feel depressed and anxious like I did before surgery.

I'm on 100 mcg Levothyroxine until I get instructions for my RAI. I am waiting to hear from Nuclear Med. They faxed in the requisition yesterday morning. but I haven't heard from them yet. I wish i knew my timeline so I would know how my life is going to go in the next 6 weeks or so. So would my work who are not being very supportive.

I got a copy of my path report. The large 4 cm nodule on the left side was totally benign. I had lots of bad stuff on the right side though. It said tumor was .9cm and has spread into surrounding adipose tissue, skeletal muscle as well as sizeable amount of vascular structures. That's why they staged it at 3, but the surgeon said the RAI will take care of any remaining cells.

I do see the doc again Friday. Is it normal to still feel so icky a week out? I look good and my incision looks good. Consequently everyone who sees me thinks I am all better now! I don't feel all better.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: One week post op

So sorry you aren't feeling well. You've been through so much---when you can rest, seize it---your body needs all your energy to heal from the trauma from surgery.

Also watch out for depression after surgery---it's really common.

It's interesting (and good) that your small nodule was the problem was, and the big one was benign! I had a spread to the muscle in front of my nodule, as well as vascular invasion---but the RAI got it.

Hope all goes well and that you start to feel better soon---make sure they give you thyrogen for your RAI prep, so you can start finding your right dose, 100mcg is probably low for your synthroid.

Last edited by Reece; 04-17-2012 at 06:22 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Reece:
Lolly808 (04-17-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Reece For This Useful Post:
Lolly808 (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

Oh yeah, and I'm super anxious about my breast lump. Mammo and ultrasound for that this coming Monday.

Sometimes it all feels like sooo much to deal with.

I actually am going to have a phone sessions with my phsychologist in about a half hour, so hopefully that will help.

thanks so much. xoxoxo

I don't know if they offer thyrogen here. It doesn't seem like it. My sis on Oahu is checking there....

Old 04-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
(female)

Oh yeah, and I'm super anxious about my breast lump. Mammo and ultrasound for that this coming Monday.

Sometimes it all feels like sooo much to deal with.

I actually am going to have a phone sessions with my phsychologist in about a half hour, so hopefully that will help.

thanks so much. xoxoxo

I don't know if they offer thyrogen here. It doesn't seem like it. My sis on Oahu is checking there....

Reply Reply