It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
(male)

Craigkne123 HB User
Don't know if Im hyper or hypo arghhhh!

In a nut shell. First thyroid test = tsh 0.01 t4=24 I had palpitations and other symptoms. Three weeks later no change to the tsh but t4 had gone up to 28 put on meds to bring it down
Then my doctor did a antibodies test along with thyroid function test my tsh was completely none existent 0.00000 and my t4 was 18 he told me the I had anti bodies of hashimitos I am very confused now because I was told that I had an overactive thyroid and I just need some reassurance so please if you any of you have Been in same situation could you give me some advice on meds and ways forward. Thanks in advance Craig

I also have type one diabetes

Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Don't know if Im hyper or hypo arghhhh!

Is that total T4 or FT4? Do you have your labs reference range for it? Have you been tested for thyroid stimulating antibodies (TSI)? Did the doc change your dose? It is possible to have "Hashi's" antibodies with hyperT too and in the future it is possible that you go HypoT but right now the condition is HyperT.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 04-22-2012 at 07:37 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
Craigkne123 (04-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
(male)

Craigkne123 HB User

I will ring my doctors and get a print out of all blood test and results and post them on here.
The first doc I seen said I was hyperT and put me on30mg carbimazole daily . I wasn't happy with how he explained it so I seen another doctor who said that was to high of a dosage and to go down to 15mg I was only just over upper limit .I have an appointment with a endo in three weeks The only symptoms I have now is memory loss and A few others but I'm scared that the meeds I'm on will send me to low because I have these antibodies for hashimitos . Iv already noticed iv lost strength and stamina at work and when I play football. Do you have any advice or should I just follow docs orders. I really appreciate any help as I'm new to this ps does diabetes have anything to do with it.

Many thanks Craig

Old 04-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User

If the only antibody test you had done was TPOab (thyroid peroxidase antibody), please know that those antibodies are seen in both Hashi's and Graves'.

You really need that TSI test to confirm/rule out Graves' and a TGab test to help with a Hashi's diagnosis.

The Following User Says Thank You to sammy64 For This Useful Post:
Craigkne123 (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
(male)

Craigkne123 HB User

I have an appointment with a endocrinologist in two weeks I will mention that too him , to be honest my doctor didn't sound very well educated on the whole thyroid thing he was looking at books through out my appointment with him on the subject. I'm going to request a print out of my blood results and I will put them on here when I have them . And I would be very grateful if you could give me more advice then .

Many thanks Craig

Reply Reply

Tags
hoshimotos, hyperthyroidism, hypothroidism