It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #16
(female)

samantha1966 HB User
Smile Re: Please help, I don't know whats happening to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnMaid View Post
I think these are from a US source. We in Finland and you in UK use the same type of testing so to me those ranges you posted in the first post sound the likeliest (or close to them at least ) You always need to compare your labs to those specific ranges that are used by your lab, the range varies according to the testing method. Your lab's lab sheet should have the correct ranges or maybe you could ask for them at the lab office (I don't think they get them wrong there )
ok thanks, I will try and stop stressing, and I will try and relax, wait the two weeks til my next blood tests and then when i see the doc I will make sure she gives me the right information, thanks again and I will let you know what happens.

Thanks again

Sam

Old 04-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User
Re: Please help, I don't know whats happening to me

To make sure you get the right information, I suggest you ask for a hard copy of your test results.

It's really best to maintain these types of records especially when one has thyroid disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #18
(female)

samantha1966 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy64 View Post
To make sure you get the right information, I suggest you ask for a hard copy of your test results.

It's really best to maintain these types of records especially when one has thyroid disease.
I will thanks, I am just so stressed out, Im all over the place, and of course I keep thinking that all the ailments I have are all something different because apart from reading blogs and threads on hypo, nobody can tell me anything about it, everyone has different symptoms, but I just wanted to know if my levels were right and whether there was anything wrong with them because Ive had these symptoms for such a long time now, Im falling apart at the moment, and I just wanted to be re-assured that once the medication starts to work, my symptoms will start to subside, Im not coping well at all, I am a self employed cleaner and decorator and I just keep dragging myself through the day and my highlight is to go on a 5 mile hike every day with my friend, It hurts every step of the way, my muscles hurt like mad like ive ran a marathon from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed, and if I dont do this I will gain 3 pound over night, which I presume is water, even tho I still blow up with water every day, I get very out of breath too, Ive gone from being healthy and running 5 times a week to gaining 3 stone in2 years and struggling to even get up, I really want to take a couple of weeks off but I cant afford to, I am so messed up in my head right now so I apologise for going on and asking silly questions.

I would just like to know if its normal to feel so ill with so many ailments all happening at the same time with hypo and will it get better with medication, Im not gonna be left with all this pain am I.

Sorry for going on

Sam

Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #19
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha1966 View Post
I would just like to know if its normal to feel so ill with so many ailments all happening at the same time with hypo and will it get better with medication, Im not gonna be left with all this pain am I.
It is possible to feel horrible with hypoT. Some of our symptoms may not be directly thyroid related but treating hypoT properly helps with many indirect issues too. Hang in there You need to be patient, it is still early days with medication. *Hugs*

Old 04-29-2012, 04:06 AM   #20
(female)

samantha1966 HB User

Quote:
It is possible to feel horrible with hypoT. Some of our symptoms may not be directly thyroid related but treating hypoT properly helps with many indirect issues too. Hang in there You need to be patient, it is still early days with medication. *Hugs*
I will try, thank you, I promise i will try and relax, thank you so much,

Sam

The following user gives a hug of support to samantha1966:
sammy64 (04-29-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User

I can only second what FinnMaid said.

I had over 20 symptoms, some of them debilitating.

Since everybody's body is different, hypothyroidism will manifest differently for each of us.

Most of us have a standard "cluster" of symptoms.

Please know that the meds titration process is a slow one. We can have an improvement of symptoms as we move forward but, we can also have a worsening of some and the development of new ones. Unfortunately, there's no escaping this.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that people were feeling good after a few weeks - I suspect they might have been on another med and switched to one that was working better. Yes, some of us can feel better after dose adjustments but, unless we had just started taking our optimal dose, it's more likely that we backslide with symptoms. This indicates the need for a dose increase.

The best thing we can do for ourselves is to get labs every 6 wks. (the amount of time needed for the body to stabilize after a dose adjustment). We also need to push the doctor for dose increases until our levels are similar to the types of levels healthy people have: FreeT4 and FreeT3 in the upper half/upper third of the range.

Then the dose would be tweaked to adjust any residual symptoms as you work towards identifying your optimal levels.

Once you get hard copies of your labs, we can show you how to interpret them and figure out a treatment goal.

In the meantime, you will need to dig deep for patience with the process. I know how horrible it is because I've been there. But, I have achieved freedom from symptoms by following the advice shared on here. It can happen to you, too.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #22
(female)

samantha1966 HB User

Many many thanks Sammy and Finnmaid,

You are right and you have made me realise that I will have to be more patient, many thanks for taking the time to help me out, ha I thought life began at 40, it seems to be life long illnesses begin at 40, I was diagnosed with Barrets asophogus, had spine surgery, started the menopause, all at 39, now this, but thank you so much, for some reason I do feel much better now, many many thanks.

Sam

Seriously, you have made me fee much much better, hugs to you both

xx

Old 04-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Happy to help - we are all in this together.

Since thyroid disease can be really frightening at times and doctors can do just so much, I think it's great we have forums in which we can share our experiences and knowledge.

I know thyroid forum members helped me very much during the earlier parts of my journey (I've been "at it" since 2007). I'm here to pay that forward.

Please continue to post here with any questions or concerns you may have....and, most definitely, let's get to work on interpreting those labs so you can achieve wellness sooner rather than later.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #24
(female)

samantha1966 HB User

Quote:

Since thyroid disease can be really frightening at times and doctors can do just so much, I think it's great we have forums in which we can share our experiences and knowledge.

I know thyroid forum members helped me very much during the earlier parts of my journey (I've been "at it" since 2007). I'm here to pay that forward.

Please continue to post here with any questions or concerns you may have....and, most definitely, let's get to work on interpreting those labs so you can achieve wellness sooner rather than later.

I will let you know as and when I do, many thanks again.

Sam

Old 04-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #25
(female)

samantha1966 HB User

Quote:

Morning, yes they did get the results around the wrong. Way thank god,
Tsh. 2.55
Ft3. 4.3
Ft4. 13.6

I hope that looks better.

Sam

Old 04-30-2012, 04:04 AM   #26
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Quote:
Morning, yes they did get the results around the wrong. Way thank god,
Tsh. 2.55
Ft3. 4.3
Ft4. 13.6

I hope that looks better.
Yes, this totally makes sense Your labs indicate that the dose increase was needed. On medication aim to get your TSH below 2 and freeTs around midrange. If that is achieved but you still have symptoms some "fine tuning" upwards is needed. Were the ranges the ones mentioned in the first post?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #27
(female)

samantha1966 HB User

Quote:
Yes, this totally makes sense Your labs indicate that the dose increase was needed. On medication aim to get your TSH below 2 and freeTs around midrange. If that is achieved but you still have symptoms some "fine tuning" upwards is needed. Were the ranges the ones mentioned in the first post?
Hi yes its the ranges in my first lot of posts, they had them written down wrong. That was four weeks ago after taking 50mcg and now as of a couple of days ago I am on 100mcg so hopefully I may see some changes soon, fed up of walking 5 miles a day and dieting and gaining weight.

Sam

Last edited by samantha1966; 04-30-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
(female)

samantha1966 HB User

Quote:
Hi,
I havent posted for a while because I wanted to let the thyroxine settle in. I am so upset and fed up, I am still walking 5 miles at night, eating very healthy and I cannot loose weight, I have this spare tyre around my waist and the tops of my legs are depressing me so much, why cant I loose the weight, it has been three months now that I have been at tsh of 0.45, please please please someone tell me what I am supposed to do

Sam

Old 07-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #29
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
it has been three months now that I have been at tsh of 0.45, please please please someone tell me what I am supposed to do
Have you had your freeTs checked? TSH tells very little about your situation.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
(female)

samantha1966 HB User

Hi

They dont check reverse t3 in oxfordshire, well my surgery doesnt and when i mentioned that maybe i had a conversion problem the doc said t3 meds gave you osteopirosis so they dont prescribe them. they wont do anything else I am so depressed over it, I actually started doing the dukan diet before i was diagnosed and i actually lost 5 pounds on the attack stage in 4 days then i couldnt loose any more but when i was diagnosed i thought it was down to that, but four days ago i started it again, i am now sitting here balling my eyes out, because i have just spent the last 4 days eating protein only, walking the 5 miles, doing extra gardening, not sat down since this morning, and not a single pound lost, so what is going on with my body, im sorry to go on, but im so angry with my body, i cant even wear any of my dresses cos my legs keep sticking together at the tops, ive worn my jeans out from the rubbing and all i do is keep covering up with cardigans and jeans, i am sweating so much and still no weight loss

Sam

sorry finnmaid you said ft3 not reverse t3,my mistake, no they didnt do it again
said they didnt need to cos my tsh was getting lower

Last edited by samantha1966; 07-27-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Reply Reply