It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

kenari HB User
Question TSH Disorder

Hi, My TSH is 0.072 mIU[/U]/L (0.400-4.700) under ranged, FT4 is 17.3 pmol/L (9.0-25.0) normal, FT3 is 5.1 pmol/L (3.5-6.5) normal. Can tell me what is the cause? What are the next steps to take? Any medication needed?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: TSH Disorder

Have you ever been diagnosed with a thyroid disorder and/or taken any medication for one? Do you have any symptoms? I think this could be considered subclinical hyperthyroidism but if you have no symptoms you'll just need to keep an eye on this. There is no medication or anything for low TSH itself and it is not a real issue unless low TSH causes one to be hypothyroid, which you don't seem to be (as your freeTs look fine). If you were truly hyperthyroid something would have to be done but your actual thyroid levels are well within range so I don't think hyperT medication would be prescribed.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 05-02-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
(female)

kenari HB User

TQ Finn, I am just worry it might getting worse if I do not got it right. I felt sleepy for most of the time and body pain as well. My menses stopped abt 7 months ago. I am 49 now and maybe facing menopause. Could that be so?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

I'm not that familiar with a possible thyroid issue's connection to possible menopause (as I'm not yet at that age ) - of course everything is somehow connected so one can affect the other but I can't say anything definite about your case. You could have your female hormones checked to see what's happening at that end. About the low TSH, you'll just have to keep an eye on this and take action if obvious thyroid symptoms occur.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 05-03-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
(female)

kenari HB User

Thanks. Am I lack of iodine? Forgot to tell you that my doctor did not order any medication. He just asked me to wait for another round of blood test 3 months later. Well, he did ask me to seek for iodine. But, others I mean nutritionist, ask not to take any more iodine. I am confused.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

bee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB User

Kenari- since your thyroid is producing good amounts of thyroid hormone, I don't think iodine is an issue. TSH is not a thyroid hormone, it is pituitary (in the brain). Because the TSH is low and your thyroid hormones are ok in your case, it means that the pituitary is not having to stimulate your thyroid very much to produce hormone. Keep an eye on how you are feeling; if you start to feel hyperactive, then have your thyroid levels checked again. It might also help to be checked for Graves TSI antibodies, just in case you are in the early stages.
I think your period stopping is more likely to be related to menopause but I can't say that with certainty.

The Following User Says Thank You to bee01 For This Useful Post:
kenari (05-06-2012)
Reply Reply