It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

brusselsgriffon HB User
Pore size and Thyroid - CURIOUS

I am curious if anyone has noticed this before. For the past 5 years the pores on my nose (entire nose up to forehead and on both sides) have become enlarged. I had thought it was due to aging and poor sun protection. VERY noticeable. For example if you were standing 1.5 to 2 ft from me you could see them! But I have been on a small does of Thyroid for 3 weeks due to low FT3 and FT4 - and I swear my pores are shrinking - there is a huge difference where you cannot even see pores on 1/3 of my nose and the remaining ones are smaller. The pores on my forehead are still there, but again smaller.

The down side has been the acne on my chest and back has returned with taking Thyroid - hoping that settles down or not many cute summer shirts will be worn this year

I am thinking this in not a coincidence. Has this happened to others taking medication for thyroid?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User
Re: Pore size and Thyroid - CURIOUS

i think it can be related but don't know how or why? I know a friend of mine had a tsh of 143!! I had been telling her to go get her thyroid tested for a year! Anyway, she kept getting cyst like acne and I remember someone saying it was from being hypo? For me, I had zits most of my adult life and was diagnosed with Graves 6 years ago. I always said i would go from zits to wrinkles! The only good thing was the oily skin seemed to make my skin look younger all my life (mixed blessing) My skin cleared up (finally) after being put on anti thyroid meds. I've often wondered about this. I pointed out a tiny lumpy thing to my dermo doc a couple of years ago and she said it was a blocked oil gland. I have gone somewhat hypo in the last year or so and I'm on Armour now. the little lump went away! I figured my oil glands dried up or something so there IS something to this, I hope someone can explain it..

The Following User Says Thank You to Bran'sNana For This Useful Post:
brusselsgriffon (05-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
free t3, free t4, pores, thyroid