It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

Lolly808 HB UserLolly808 HB User
Doing RAI Prep w/o Thyrogen is just cruel

I am on my 3rd week of no meds and 3rd week of LID.

The first two weeks weren't so bad.

As of the last couple of days everything changed big time! I FEEL HORRIBLE!!

Not just a little horrible, a lot horrible. I knew it was coming, but nothing really prepares you for the actual feeling.

I got my TSH drawn yesterday don't have results yet. I have to go the full 4 weeks. My doc and Nuke med dept won't let me have treatment early even if I'm ready.

So suffer I do. Really is a very unfortunate situation for all of us who need Thyrogen and can't get it.

I got out of bed at 2:30 this morning after tossing and turning. I'm exhausted but can't sleep.

I do have Ambien and it helps a bit. I usually take a half and it puts me to sleep but I don't stay asleep. Tonight I will take a whole one for sure. This is crazy!

Other than that I'm hanging tough. LID is not hard at all since I'm vegan. I make fresh green juice each morning. That helps a lot!

I can tell you I will never allow this to happen to me again!

The following user gives a hug of support to Lolly808:
sammy64 (05-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Doing RAI Prep w/o Thyrogen is just cruel

I know---I did it without thyrogen, and that's why I didn't want you with all you were going through to do it.

I had my follow up scans with it---but because I had never been on meds, my doctor just didn't bother after my surgery to offer me that for my treatment, because he thought it would be a bit more effective, and then I would just start meds afterward---thyrogen was a bit less adapted by doctors then in the US.

There have been shortages, but I would never advise anyone to do it cold turkey without thyrogen---unless they had cytomel up until 2 weeks prior. Thyrogen is just as effective, and far more humane.

You don't have much longer though---you will get there.

The following user gives a hug of support to Reece:
Lolly808 (05-08-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Reece For This Useful Post:
Lolly808 (05-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
(female)

HI Reece,

And you ended up going longer than 4 weeks if I recall correctly, right?

That's a true Warrior! This stuff isn't for the faint of heart.

I'm feeling much better emotionally. Worked through all the issues I had involving my job and that has helped me so much. I'm concentrating on me now, nothing else.

I made a loaf of bread in the bread maker this morning and just pulled it out to cool. I'm in heaven admist the smell!!!! Oy vey.....

Gonna try to eat and then nap. Sleep is so hard to do.......................

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm staying as tough as I can........:-)

Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
(female)

My GP just called. My TSH is 42.

So I'm outta thyroid!

Reply Reply