It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
(female)

beyondjupiter HB User
Lab and Ultrasound Results, advice helpful!

My previous PCP was only testing my TSH and writing me off so I found a new doctor. So here are my 10/11, 04/11 results from my old PCP and my recent labs 5/12 from my doctor.

October 2011 Results
TSH 0.47 (Range 0.50-6.00 mIU/mL)
Cholesterol 260 (Range 0-200 mg/dL)
LDL Direct 149 (Range <=100)
Vitamin D 21 (Range ng/mL)
I included the cholesterol because I know that can be affected by your thyroid, not sure about the vitamin D

April 2012 (these labs were done after I started having panic attacks)
TSH 0.272 (Range 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL)

May 2012
TSH 0.61 (Range 0.40-4.50 mIU/L)
T4, Free 1.2 (Range 0.8-1.8 ng/dL)
T3, Total 129 (Range 76-181 ng/dL)
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies <10 (Range <35 IU/mL)
Thyroglobulin Panel
Thyrogobulin Anitbodies <20 (Range <20 IU/mL)
Thyroglobulin 19.9 (Range 2.0-35.0 ng/mL)

ANA Negative
SED Rate 21 (Range < OR = 20 mm/h)
DHEA Sulfate 360 (Range 45-320 mcg/dL)

My estrogen was low and my testosterone was high.

May 2012 Ultrasound
Multiple small nodules throughout the thyroid, the largest is at the inferior pole of the right thyroid lobe, measuring 9x8x8 mm in cross section.

He is doing nothing right now since my ranges are "normal". Though he is referring me to an endocrinologist for further evaluation and biopsy of the nodules.

Here are my symptoms:
  • Anxiety
  • Anxiety/Panic Attacks
  • Depression
  • Frequent Urination
  • Dry hair, very flaky crusty scalp
  • Dry patches on my face (though oily and acne too, which he says is from the high testosterone)
  • Tired all of the time (nodding off throughout day)
  • Waking up multiple times during the night
  • Cold in hands and feet and then later overheating at the same temp
  • Ridges in my nails
  • Weight Gain and trouble losing weight
  • GI issues (almost like IBS, crampy diarrhea then constipation)
  • Heavy, painful, irregular periods
  • No energy/motivation to do anything
  • Mentally sluggish, struggling to remember things I never had a problem with before
  • Random joint pain (comes and goes, though my knee that keeps popping out of joint always feels sore)
  • Heart Palpitations (I had a 24 hour holter monitor done, while I recorded 100 they recorded 58 PVCs)
  • Hard time taking full breath, I feel like I have to yawn to get a full breath all of the time. I feel like I am always short of breath.
  • General weakness. My arms get tired when I try to hold them up to do my hair. I used to be able to walk a mile and now I get tired walking around the block.

Any help or ideas offered would be appreciated. While I am being referred to an endo, the doc also referred me to a psychologist as he thinks a lot of my symptoms are mental

Thank you!
Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User
Re: Lab and Ultrasound Results, advice helpful!

Gosh, you have every possible symptom. But yet, your TSH is ok, not sure about the other levels.

Something needs to be done that is for sure!

My most annoying sympton when my tSH is too high, is bone pain and foot pain.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
(female)

beyondjupiter HB User

Yeah, I don't get it either, golfhat

My TSH seems to be on the low end of normal and that one time even well below normal. However, the other numbers seem to be right in the midrange. I was hoping they would at least be on the lower side too so I could argue it.

I'm hoping someone else is here in a similar boat that was diagnosed. I am tired of feeling crappy and not like myself with no explanation. The panic/anxiety attacks are really the worse. I would do anything for those to stop.

Jen

Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
(female)

beyondjupiter HB User

Can anyone offer their opinion on these labs, please?

Thank you all in advance for any advice/opinions you can offer!

Jen

Last edited by moderator2; 05-17-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Just looking at some of your other numbers . . .

Your vitamin D needs to increase. Low vitamin D can cause a number of symptoms. A brand I like, that is very absorbable, is made by Biotics Research. Bio D Mulsion Forte. Just make sure you supplement with D3, not the synthetic D2. Difficult to determine your cholesterol as you have not provided the total lipid panel - HDL and Triclycerides.

Another Jen

Old 05-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
(female)

beyondjupiter HB User

Thanks other Jen

I will purchase the vitamin D3 supplement. I have been thinking about it but was a little weary since everything started. I even stopped taking my birth control in case it was causing problems. The anxiety attacks have gotten the better of me and I have become very neurotic about a lot of things. I stopped taking my vitamins and BC, just in case. I also drink water now like a crazy woman.

Everyone seems to always get advice on their numbers. Maybe mine are too normal to call?

I guess I just need to take my vitamins again and focus on other things until I get my numbers checked again in July. There is not much I can do worrying over it every day.

Jen

Old 05-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Jen,

If you're willing to try alternative here are a few suggestions for frequent urination and anxiety:

-Frequent urination (could also be caused by anxiety) - Curbita bladder caps pumpkin seed oil work great for me whenever I have this symptom

-Anxiety - a Valerian Root product or Beijing Tong Ren Tang An Shen Bu Xin Wan from Uncle Yap's is a gentle but effective anxiety reducer

Jen

Old 05-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
(female)

beyondjupiter HB User

Jen,

I also have frequent urination!! I don't know if I posted that but it just started in the last two weeks. I seriously have to pee every 30 minutes it feels like.

I will google those but do you know if they are safe with breastfeeding? I am still BFing my 2 1/2 year old son, trying to wean him though.

I am all about natural remedies, so I will look those up. I was actually just doing research and it seems low vitamin D may be causing my anxiety/depression/low energy issues.

Jen

Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Jen,

I would not take any herbal remedies while breastfeeding and be careful of other supplements as well. Check with your doc on this if you are in doubt.

Jen

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
beyondjupiter (05-18-2012)
Reply Reply