It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

end0lies HB User
Importing thyroid medication from Asia need advice

basically ive had enough of feeling like im in a constant state of feeling violently ill and frozen to the bone even in the summer, ive tried every supplement on the market none of which helped at all.

Ive recently ordered some dessicated thyroid grains from abroad without prescription as ive had enough basically and dont care anymore.

they are identical to armour in the amount ot t3 and t4

what i need to know is how many grains should i take per day? im thinking 3 but im unsure

do not advice seeing a Dr they just keep telling me to see a pshychiatrist and keep taking anti depressants which do NOTHING

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Importing thyroid medication from Asia need advice

Three grains is definitely too big a dose to start with. I'm not encouraging you to self treat but I understand you're feeling bad. Taking too much T3 or T4 can make you feel even worse. I would prefer starting with ½ a grain and slowly work my way up. One might end up needing 3 grains, no way of knowing without trying.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 06-09-2012 at 08:12 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
end0lies (06-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

LPD HB UserLPD HB User

{{{end0lies}}} I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly, and are so frustrated with your medical care. I'm unable to answer your questions, since this is all new to me too.

But, if I may offer my opinion.... you will need a doctor to guide you, authorize blood tests, and write you scripts. Self medicating is VERY dangerous. I know you didn't ask, but I would suggest canceling that delivery from Asia. Would you really trust a drug company that will sell you powerful meds, without a doctor's prescription? (who knows what could be in those pills) I'd suggest getting some books and educating yourself. Then you can calmly convince your doctor why you believe your thyroid gland needs assistance.

I looked around the forum, but couldn't find where you posted your lab results. Do you know what your levels are? In the very least, it may help to speak with a psychiatrist, since (at least in the states) they can prescribe medications, as well.

Please stay safe & healthy. {{{hugs}}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by end0lies View Post
basically ive had enough of feeling like im in a constant state of feeling violently ill and frozen to the bone even in the summer, ive tried every supplement on the market none of which helped at all.

Ive recently ordered some dessicated thyroid grains from abroad without prescription as ive had enough basically and dont care anymore.

what i need to know is how many grains should i take per day? im thinking 3 but im unsure

do not advice seeing a Dr they just keep telling me to see a pshychiatrist and keep taking anti depressants which do NOTHING

The Following User Says Thank You to LPD For This Useful Post:
end0lies (06-09-2012)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

end0lies HB User

thanks i saw an ENDO and he advised that i was basically nuts

i told him of my feeling ill, i will try half a grain and see how it goes

im at the end of my ropes and i cannot deal feeling ill anymore so i am willing to risk it for better feeling

Old 06-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Please keep looking for a good doctor, endos often aren't the best in treating hypoT.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 06-09-2012 at 10:04 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
end0lies (06-09-2012)
Old 06-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

bee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB User

Can you post your labs?
There are other reasons besides thyroid dysfunction to feel the way you are feeling. Indiscriminately taking thyroid hormone is not the solution. First of all, taking a dose of 3 grains right away could make you violently ill and could cause your heart to go into overdrive, especially if thyroid is not your problem. The advantage of using USP porcine thyroid is that the pigs are inspected and approved by the USDA. Who knows what diseased animal could be going into your medication, assuming it is thyroid at all. I don't recommend this course of action at all and I think you are asking for trouble. Seek out a holistic doctor or a naturopath. I would also recommend posting your labs, if you have them, so that others can advise you on whether they think thyroid could be your issue.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
(male)

Skiyrizer HB UserSkiyrizer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by end0lies View Post

You need labs to determine where your levels are. I wouldn't take anything until you know what your labs are. Thyroid meds can inhibit normal thyroid function and make your condition a lot worse.

Get Free T3's, T4's and TSH. google privatemdlabs... Take the results to your doctor (preferably a new doctor who will listen to you). Even a high-normal TSH may be treated especially present with symptoms of hypo-t...

Reply Reply