It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

cbaugh1 HB User
Thyroid Biopsy

I had a FNAB today for two thyroid nodules found during a cervical MRI. One nodule is in the left lobe (2.6x1.6x1.3 cm)and the other nodule is in the right lobe (1.4x0.8x0.7 cm). My thyroid is functioning normally and I believe is normal in size (left lobe 3.6x1.7x1.3 cm) and (right lobe 3.0x1.2x1.1 cm). The ultrasound report stated that the nodules were solid and hypoechoic and recommended a Scintigraphy, but the Endocrinologist said the biopsy was the best course of action. I think the anticipation of the biopsy was worse than the actual procedure. I had 10 samples taken, 6 from the left and 4 from the right. My neck is pretty sore right now. I get the results in a week. The waiting is is so difficult. I know that the majority of thyroid nodules are benign and that is what I am praying for. My main concern is that 30 years ago I had Hodgkin's Lymphonma and underwent neck radiation therapy. I guess I just need some encouragement!!

The following user gives a hug of support to cbaugh1:
OnSafari (06-15-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
(male)

Skiyrizer HB UserSkiyrizer HB User
Re: Thyroid Biopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaugh1 View Post
I had a FNAB today for two thyroid nodules found during a cervical MRI. One nodule is in the left lobe (2.6x1.6x1.3 cm)and the other nodule is in the right lobe (1.4x0.8x0.7 cm). My thyroid is functioning normally and I believe is normal in size (left lobe 3.6x1.7x1.3 cm) and (right lobe 3.0x1.2x1.1 cm). The ultrasound report stated that the nodules were solid and hypoechoic and recommended a Scintigraphy, but the Endocrinologist said the biopsy was the best course of action. I think the anticipation of the biopsy was worse than the actual procedure. I had 10 samples taken, 6 from the left and 4 from the right. My neck is pretty sore right now. I get the results in a week. The waiting is is so difficult. I know that the majority of thyroid nodules are benign and that is what I am praying for. My main concern is that 30 years ago I had Hodgkin's Lymphonma and underwent neck radiation therapy. I guess I just need some encouragement!!
Most likely they are benign. Do you have any of the symptoms of hypo or hyperthyroidism?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply