It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

Melissa316 HB User
Question Please, please help with labs

Hello!
I am getting so confused! Every time I feel like I'm starting to understand all of this, another issue arises. I am hoping by posting this, I can get some help. I have hashimoto's and have been going through a rough time. I have been through my fair share of Dr's lately and have found a saint in my Gynecologist. She took one look at me and said "Oh honey, we need to get you fixed"...As great as she is, I am not 100% confident in her knowing enough about my thyroid. She ran new labs and did a hormone saliva test. My progesterone and cortisol came back low in addition to my vitamin D. She gave me rx for progesterone cream and Vit D(50,000 IU's 1x week)Six weeks ago I switched from Synthroid to Armour. Here are my lab results:

Vitamin D--24 (30-100)
TSH--0.091 (0.0450-4.5)
Free T3--150 (71-180)
Free T4--7.9 (4.5-12)
Serum Iodine 64.4 (40-92)

Any feedback or insight into how all this relates to my low progesterone/cortisol and if I'm on the right track with my thyroid, it would be great! My TSH was 2.2 and free T3 and T4 were in the lower range before I switched to Armour. Historically, I have always felt better when my TSH is closer to 1 and below. Was feeling way worse!

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

Old 07-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Please, please help with labs

Hello
Based on those reference ranges I think your "free" Ts are actually "total" Ts If they are it would give you a better picture if you had those freeTs tested (but looking at these levels you posted - they don't look too bad for someone on Armour). If your thyroid related symptoms have started to subside then you have to be on the right track with your thyroid med and getting your thyroid med right can help you get your other hormones on right track too. I think you should start taking an OTC D3 supplement that would be better than the prescription D2.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
Melissa316 (07-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
(female)

Melissa316 HB User
Re: Please, please help with labs

Thank you so much! I am trying to learn as much as I can and obviously have so much more to understand. I asked her to test my free T's so didn't even realize the ranges were wrong My symptoms aren't gone but are definitely getting better! I have been reading the benefits of D3 vs D2. My multi vitamin has 1600 iu's of D3 and I was thinking of taking an extra 400 iu's to give 2000 iu's of d3 daily.

Reply Reply