It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

215ahd HB User
not sure what to make of my thyroid test results

I've had all of the thyroid tests run because I frankly haven't felt right in about 3 years. I'm not quite sure how to interpret the results as a whole. If you can help, please let me know.

1. TSH = 1.98 uIU/mL (0.34 - 4.70)
2. Free T4 = 0.70 ng/dL (0.61 - 1.12)
3. Free T3 = 2.9 pg/mL (2.0 - 3.9)
4. Reverse T3 = 23.1 ng/dL (13.5 - 34.2)

At first, the doctor said tests 1-3 were in the "normal" range, so she ordered test 4. I've read about the ratio between Free and Reverse T3, but am not sure if this is what I should be looking at. Help? I feel terrible and have started to feel even worse, so I'm desperately trying to find an answer. I'm also Vitamin D deficient (level = 15) and she also tested by B12 (level = 385). All glucose and insulin tests came back normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: not sure what to make of my thyroid test results

Welcome to the board although I'm sorry for the reason you're here.

Yes your levels are normal aka within ranges, your TSH (which most doctors will focuss at) seems good, but your FT3 is just midrange and your FT4 below midrange. Most people need their levels at least midrange (or higher) so it's possible that your levels are too low for your bodies need and causing symptoms. Were you tested for hashimoto antibodies? (antithyroglobuline and antiTPO).

Are you supplementing the vit D?

hang in there

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
(female)

215ahd HB User
Re: not sure what to make of my thyroid test results

No I haven't been tested for hashimoto antibodies. I am currently supplementing the Vitamin D. My Vitamin B12 was 385 (range 211 - 946). I just feel terrible and would like to find a doctor who can help me. I've been to regular doc, rheumatologist, psychiatrist and now a medical bariatric doc.

Reply Reply