It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

littlegretapink HB User
hypothyroidism and depression?

we believe i've had hypothyroidism for years and possibly born with it but docs never caught on. now I'm 21 and finally have been diagnosed with hoshimotos hypothyroidism. there are too many worrisome symptoms to list (but i've had PET scan and everything but thyroid is normal). (my thymus is a bit enlarged also and don't understand why...? but doctors don't seem too concerned).
I am only concerned because i am sick of feeling anxiety ALL the time. related to thyroid? it is to the point where i am afraid of going out of my home. extremely lightheaded and depressed with a general "not good" feeling that something else is wrong with the dizziness and queasiness too.

also, could it be caused from medicine i'm taking from it? i'm not on synthetic meds for it, just a compound T4/T3 natural medication similar to lyothyroxine i think. anyone else experience these symptoms? or taking this type of medication?

Old 07-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
(female)

Surfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB User
Re: hypothyroidism and depression?

Hi littlegretapink,
Depression and anxiety can go hand in hand with hashis and while not nice at all to deal with is and can be normal, have you mentioned anxiety to your doc.? If this is a really bothersome side affect which it sounds like it is, he can possibly prescribe a mild anti anxiety tablet, however, it could also mean your hormones still aren't balanced and maybe you should look to addressing this first. While I cannot help with the optimal targets you should be aiming for, perhaps post your last lot of results. TSH, free T3 free T4 etc and there are some really wonderful people on here who can read them properly and guide in that way which you can then raise with your medical carer and look for an adjustment for optimal balance, this could alleviate these symptoms without taking extra medication which means you would be treating the source and not the symptom and that is the best way to go I feel. While you are not on synthetic meds the natural meds are STILL hormones and will still give Create some upheaval if not balanced correctly for you as an individual. I have been reading this site for a number of days and the information on it is invaluable. Posting your results will help you find your answers and reading others posts will help you feel less alone in your journey. I wish you all the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
(female)

Surfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB User
Re: hypothyroidism and depression?

Hi littlegretapink,
Depression and anxiety can go hand in hand with hashis and while not nice at all to deal with is and can be normal, have you mentioned anxiety to your doc.? If this is a really bothersome side affect which it sounds like it is, he can possibly prescribe a mild anti anxiety tablet, however, it could also mean your hormones still aren't balanced and maybe you should look to addressing this first. While I cannot help with the optimal targets you should be aiming for, perhaps post your last lot of results. TSH, free T3 free T4 etc and there are some really wonderful people on here who can read them properly and guide in that way which you can then raise with your medical carer and look for an adjustment for optimal balance, this could alleviate these symptoms without taking extra medication which means you would be treating the source and not the symptom and that is the best way to go I feel. While you are not on synthetic meds the natural meds are STILL hormones and will still give Create some upheaval if not balanced correctly for you as an individual. I have been reading this site for a number of days and the information on it is invaluable. Posting your results will help you find your answers and reading others posts will help you feel less alone in your journey. I wish you all the best.

Reply Reply