It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #46
(female)

Princesca HB User
Re: Puzzled by my thyroid results...

Hey Sammy - before you disappear for a week (I hope you're off somewhere fun)...

I was reading more about BRT, and in the process came across something called a Titration Regimen, in a study that said it had slightly better remission results and less side effects than BRT. But I can't find anything that actually states what a titration regimen is in English. Have you heard of this/can you translate?

Thanks again for being my human Cliff's Notes guide to medical jargon...

Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #47
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User

I'm heading out on Sunday (yes, it's somewhere fun

I suspect the "Titration Regimen" refers to just plain old ATD dosing or thyroid hormone replacement dosing. Both types of meds need to be slowly titrated.

I don't know where the idea of few side effects come in......there should be no side effects if dosing is done properly.

I think you can understand the logic behind BRT and how it could work for you.

ATD's alone are not appropriate for you due to your low FT4 level.....and thyroid hormone replacement alone isn't appropriate, either - due to your high FT3 level.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #48
(female)

Princesca HB User

In my case, do you think I would benefit from at-home saliva cortisol testing? I was reading about recommended tests and that one came up.

Thanks... enjoy your time away! I hope it's awesome.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #49
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User

It certainly wouldn't hurt to check your adrenal function.

I know the 24-hr saliva tests are the best. If you're able to do one from home, why not?

Thanks for your kind wishes - I'm looking forward to the break

Old 08-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #50
(female)

Princesca HB User

Had my biopsy this morning... OUCH. Like I told my ENT, I feel like I went a few rounds with Mike Tyson if Mike Tyson was a vampire. Still awaiting results... largest nodule was 3cm. Samples were taken from 3 nodules... u/s tech said that was very diff to measure b/c couldn't tell what was nodule and what was thyroid. Explains why prior endo u/s and hospital scan differed. Hate not knowing... trying not to freak out and have it ruin my weekend. Should have results Monday.

Kinda suspect given multiple nodules and size of that recc will be removal but who knows... have been surprised at every other turn, so it's anyone's guess.

Last edited by Princesca; 08-10-2012 at 03:42 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Princesca:
sammy64 (08-10-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #51
(female)

Princesca HB User

Arrrrgh still waiting on biopsy results. I haaate that. Had it done first thing Friday morning, and the biopsy doctor (is he a radiologist? surgeon?) said that they would probably be back later that afternoon. ENT said he doubted that, and would keep me posted. They must surely be back by now, I would assume, but I haven't heard anything. It's so hard to concentrate on the routine day to day! I am hoping no news is good news, but still worried.

Reply Reply