It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
(male)

Versekz HB User
is bad or what? help me!

Please Help me. this is bad or not?
Test, Specimen Type:Serum

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone(TSH) 0.361 ulU/ml (0.400 - 4.000)
Thyroxine, Free (Ft4) 17.77 pmol/L (11.50 - 22.70)
Triiodothyronine,Free (FT3) pmol/L (3.50 - 6.50)

what's meaning for this? is bad or not ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: is bad or what? help me!

Hello
You obviously forgot to post your FT3 result Your TSH is a bit on the low side so normally that would mean you're a bit on the hyperthyroid side but your FT4 looks fine so that doesn't indicate anything but normal (and those actual thyroid hormones and possible symtoms are the ones that really count). Your FT3 result could give us more info. Have you been diagnosed with a thyroid disorder before? Taken any medication for it? Do you have any symptoms?

Last edited by FinnMaid; 08-16-2012 at 09:54 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
Versekz (08-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
(male)

Versekz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnMaid View Post
Hello
You obviously forgot to post your FT3 result Your TSH is a bit on the low side so normally that would mean you're a bit on the hyperthyroid side but your FT4 looks fine so that doesn't indicate anything but normal (and those actual thyroid hormones and possible symtoms are the ones that really count). Your FT3 result could give us more info. Have you been diagnosed with a thyroid disorder before? Taken any medication for it? Do you have any symptoms?
Hi
Low side that's mean good or bad? I'm sorry about that. here my FT3 result , 4.90 pmol/L (3.50 -6.50) , Never, Maybe just because i'm smoker person! should i quit or what? btw, thanks for reply

Last edited by Versekz; 08-16-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versekz View Post
Low side that's mean good or bad? I'm sorry about that. here my FT3 result , 4.90 pmol/L (3.50 -6.50) , Never, Maybe just because i'm smoker person! should i quit or what?
"Low side" meaning on the low side of the range which would (usually) mean leaning towards hyperT - healthy people usually have their TSH around 1-1.5. If you don't have any symptoms that's good and you don't need to worry - but always good to keep an eye on things. I'm sure quitting wouldn't hurt

Last edited by FinnMaid; 08-17-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Reply Reply