It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
(male)

Canefan HB User
Two auto-immune

This is my first post so please be excuse the detail

I'm 24, and was diagnosed with celiac six years ago. Prior to that I was completely healthy, with the exception of being on and off levothyroxine for a hypothyroid at only 15mcg.

Fast forward to only two years ago, I had a physical and my tsh level was 3,000 and my heart rate was in the 30s. I was also always hungry and fatigued. My normal md said the slow heart rate was from being in shape (I played college athletics), but I really wasn't at Olympic or anywhere near at this point in time.

I was nervous my symptoms meant diabetes, but when my md said my blood sugar level was normal I started looking at alternative possibilities. I landed on hashimotos and went to an endo to confirm and she also said that she had never seen a tsh level of 3,000. She started me on a drug called tirosint, which is a form of levothyroxine, which she said wouldn't upset my stomach (forgot to mention I got sick when my regular md put me on 250 mcg). We started on 112mcg and slowly worked our way up until my tsh became normal.

Now in present day I'm on 125 mcg of tirosint, and in between blood tests, but my weight has ballooned up thirty pounds, I'm fatigued in the afternoon (despite sleeping), and I have dry eyelids. Unlike before where I was concerned it could be something else, I'm confused why I test normal for a period and then show extreme symptoms, despite being medicated, and then need a higher dosage. Is this normal? It's been over two years of figuring out the dosage and thankfUlly my body build could support the 30 pounds but not much more. Thanks for the guidance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply