It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
Hashi's and new test results.

I have hashi's and take 1 1/4 grains of Naturethroid. Here are my new lab results:
TSH - 0.09 (range: 0.3 - 3.0)
Free T4 - .9 (range: .6 - 1.2)
Total T3 - 103 (range: 87 - 178)

Still waiting on the Free T3 and a new TPO. Here's the thing: I feel really good! Lots of energy, sleeping pretty good, minimum issues since I started this dose. My Kaiser doctor is concerned about my TSH, even though I don't have any hyper symptoms.
Anyone else have hashi's and taking a dessicated with a low TSH? Should I decrease my dose???? My temperature is finally in the normal range, cholesteral is 158 with high good and low bad and I feel good! Doesn't Naturethroid suppress TSH and with Hashi's that isn't really a bad idea????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Hashi's and new test results.

I take natural thyroid. My TSH hasn't been higher than .02 in nearly 9 years, but that's fine with my MD who understands the T3 component in the med suppresses TSH. TSH has no practical purpose when the thyroid feedback loop gets interrupted by exogenous thyroid supplementation, particularly so when T3 is one of those exogenous hormones.

If you feel good, there's no reason you can't continue with the same dose. Don't increase just to play the numbers game. My own FT levels aren't what would be considered optimal for the average thyroid patient, but I feel good and don't plan to push the issue for a dose increase unless I start symptomatically backsliding.

I hope you won't have to fight about that TSH level. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to midwest1 For This Useful Post:
susieq0726 (09-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply