It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

hthrlynn HB User
Exclamation HypoThyroid-Help, someone believe me.

I am 37 years old and have been dealing with massive fatigue and steady weight gain since I gave birth to my son in 2002. I have never take off the weight I put on with my son either. I eat very healthy, mostly organic, rarely eat red meat, eat a lot of fish and veggies etc.. I have gained 30 more lbs in the past 3 years and my doctor put me on phentermine last month. I have taken that for one month and basically starved myself to death and only lost 2lbs! This is the same old story for me year after year. I diet and exercise only to discourage and hate myself even more and become even more tired.
I have every single symptom for hypothyroidism yet my doctors do not yet believe I should be treated for it. I am miserably tired and depressed. I can barely get out of bed each day. I almost fall to sleep at my desk. I can not lose weight, I am moody and now my periods last for 3 weeks.
I recently had my thyroid panel ran again and this is what was said.

TSH -4.06 | scale .50-5.0 or more recently .3-3.0
T4 - 4.8 |scale (4.5-12.0)
T3= 26 |scale (24-39)

I need a doctor who can help me with this. My doctors make me think that I am just plain crazy and all this is in my head. The gynecologist that I go to is going to do the same as always and send me a postcard saying everything is normal and we will see you next year!!!! Well not if I bleed to death before then! Right? They do not send test result and base their decisions firmly on what the lab records, not what they believe could be an issue. The only reason I can see my lab work is because I am employed for the lab.

Maybe I am crazy, but do those thyroid panel results look like I am?? Does anyone know of a good doctor in TN that can help me. I am so miserable I want to cry. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks,
h

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
(female)

LPD HB UserLPD HB User
Re: HypoThyroid-Help, someone believe me.

Hi hthrlynn, I believe you. {{{hugs}}}

I'm still fairly new to getting my thyroid levels optimal, but to me, (a novice's perspective) your lab values are at the very bottom of the range. Most people feel (and function) well in the upper third of the lab's ranges. It's no wonder you are so exhausted and struggling with your weight. BTDT!

Like you, my results were at the bottom, (or below) and I'm just now starting to feel light at the end of the tunnel.

We're not able to post links here, but if you google "top thryroid doctors about" and you'll see a listing (per state) of the best doctors to help you.
Shame on those "doctors" who claim you are "normal". I only wish they could feel like we do for just one day.

Don't give up .... you need to find a thyroid savvy doctor to get you on the right track!

Lin

Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: HypoThyroid-Help, someone believe me.

Yes! I believe you, too!

Do not give up searching for a better doctor.
If you care to post a more specific location in Tennessee - perhaps a range of zip codes where you prefer to stay within - I might be able to provide names of patient recommended doctors.

Some people have found their local pharmacists to be helpful by providing names of MDs who prescribe dessicated thyroid drugs or Cytomel. It can't hurt to ask those around your area; talk to the pharmacists directly, not to their counter help. MDs who prescribe these drugs are more thyroid savvy and tend to think outside the box.

Just don't give up. You definitely have hormone levels that are too low for nearly anyone. Let us know how it goes, okay?

Reply Reply