HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Thyroid Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/)
-   -   Shoulder Pain and TSH (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/918218-shoulder-pain-tsh.html)

jlstill 09-13-2012 06:13 AM

Shoulder Pain and TSH

Just wondering if anyone has experienced shoulder pain and upper arm muscle pain with high Thyroid levels? Or, can it be a side effect of the synthroid?

Lady50 09-13-2012 08:01 AM

Re: Shoulder Pain and TSH

Yes I have experienced shoulder and upper arm pain with hyperthyroid. Also experience this with hypothyroid.

Do you have any other symptoms such as nervousness, can't sit still?

jlstill 09-13-2012 08:33 AM

Yes, it seems I can no longer sit and read for long periods which I could before. I didn't have the shoulder and upper arm pain before starting the meds (which don't seem to be helping anyway) Just trying to figure out if it is all related!

Bran'sNana 09-14-2012 12:16 PM

Yes, a lot of us have had shoulder and neck pain with levels usually being too low. Do you have any recent labs? Sometimes when the levels start to move, you can have pain too.

tam090 09-14-2012 01:57 PM

I can not say it is 100% related because I have a Rheumy appointment Sept. 25th. But, mine started in my calves in February and in June my wrist, elbow and shoulder. Unbearable pain!!!! Pain pills don't give any relief at all. Nothing has. Been on Armour since June and a lot of other horrible symptoms I had have improved. Hoping with a little time this will too.

Bran'sNana 09-14-2012 02:31 PM

Unless you have RA this pain can be thyroid related. Sometimes they will call it fibromyalgia but it can come with low thyroid hormone levels. If you get on the right dose, you might do better with the pain.;)

golfhat 09-14-2012 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=Bran'sNana;5055997]Unless you have RA this pain can be thyroid related. Sometimes they will call it fibromyalgia but it can come with low thyroid hormone levels. If you get on the right dose, you might do better with the pain.;)[/QUOTE]

I agree 150% with this post. Before taking meds you will think you have got so many things. Then suddenly I was on synthroid and magically my feet quit hurting.

YOu cannot imagine the pain I was in for 5 months after my surgery and before I was on meds.

YEs, not having adequate meds can make you hurt all over. For me it is foot pain that is unbearable and NOTHING will help. Nothing. Except for me--- enough meds.

tam090 09-14-2012 06:36 PM

Seeing the rheumy because of ana 1:1280, first rounds of blood work didnt indicate much. Pain started with cramps and pulled muscle and my right calf. It started to clear up then the shoulder and arm pain started. All of it has been level. Hopefully is just the thyroid and meds will fix.

serendipity53 09-14-2012 10:44 PM

I have upper arm and shoulder pain, also. My level is low. I used to think my pain might be due to how I was riding my bike, but now I get the pain at home as well so I know it is not the bike riding posture.