I had a levo increase from .100 to .125 six weeks ago today. My doctor wants me to wait at least 7 weeks for a retest, but I feel like I've completely leveled off. The mental part of this hypo relapse has been overwhelming. I suspect I need another increase and don't want to wait a week to find out. Is there any scientific reason why I should wait another week? I could feel my body adjusting until about a week ago, but the last several days have been a steady downer and I'm desparate for relief.
I walked in and got tested today for TSH, FT3, and FT4 at the 6 week and 2 day mark. My lab sheet said "End of Sept" on it so I walked in and sweet talked the gal and she didn't question it. Sept 20 is close enough in my book, and I'm desparate to know my levels, which I fully assume are still off. I want relief and I want to get increased as soon as possible.
From what I've read, at 6 weeks I should be 98% leveled off. Is that correct? Am I risking too soon of a test and possibly still be increasing FT3 and FT4 at this point? Anyone experience testing too soon and ending up hyper?
Thanks midwest1! I'm so glad I went in today and can't wait to get my results tomorrow. I'll be shocked if my TSH isn't closer to 6.43 (last test) than it is to 1 or 2. In fact, I hope it's 4 or 5 and there's no questioning if I need a .25 mcg increase. The worst case scenario is the doctor/nurse are not comfortable with my 6 week frequency, but I doubt if he'll be too concerned about that. Worse case he sends me for labs again next week and keeps me at .125.
Here are my last 2 labs including Thursday's result with the percent in range. I increased from 100 to 125 of synthroid on August 7, and it apparently has made a noticeable difference, although my depression is still alive and well. The nurse called and said to stay on 125 and retest in 8 weeks. I told her the doctor wanted me closer to 1.5 with the TSH. She made a note of it and will call me back on Tueday after discussing with the doctor. I begain to self medicate at approximately 137 (bad idea?). I'm fairly sure the doctor will at least bump me up to that, and if not, he should, shouldn't he? Any advice greatly appreciated.
P.S. I told my wife that she thinks she is better than me after I had several drinks after the football game. She was folding clothes and apparently that bugged me at 12:30am. Totally irrational thoughts right now. I'm not sure how she's dealing with me.