It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

pattianne24 HB Userpattianne24 HB Userpattianne24 HB User
Feeling horrible

I do have alot of health problems, but within the last month or so I have been so tired I can hardly function. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few years ago. I also have psoratic arthritis.
Lately I am feeling so depressed, not going through anything to make me feel so depressed. Having some issues with water retention. I take .05mg of eltroxin for the thyroid problem. This med has never been changed. What I want to know is, if I am on this medication can these symptoms suddenly worsen, the fatigue and the depression.
I am going to the family doctor tomorrow and will ask for blood work, I know something is off with my health, just thought that it is the thyroid.

The following user gives a hug of support to pattianne24:
lisa789 (09-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: Feeling horrible

yes symptoms can worsen while being on meds. when it concerns thyroid the dosage is very important. it's important thyroid levels are at a good place in order to be symptomfree. (within ranges does not necessary imply they are at a good place). Most need their free levels (FT4 and FT3) at least midrange or 60-80% of the ranges in order to feel well.
50 mcg is not much and since it's not been changed for years, likely your levels are off and your dosage needs to be increased.

As you probably know, when you have your blood done in the tomorrow not to take your thyroid meds before bloodtestng and you want to have tested TSH, FT4 and FT3.

hope you get to feel better soon again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

pattianne24 HB Userpattianne24 HB Userpattianne24 HB User
Re: Feeling horrible

Thank-you for your reply. I have my appt at 3pm tomorrow, I didn't know not to take my thyroid medicine the day of the test. Thanks again. I just hope this is the reason for feeling so crapy. At least then I can feel better knowing why I feel so bad.

The following user gives a hug of support to pattianne24:
lisa789 (09-20-2012)
Reply Reply