It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
(female)

bishrl HB User
Just wondering how many diagnosed with Hashi's has swollen glands and fevers

This board is amazing and I'm learning there are so many amazing and helpful people here

I was just recently told by my PCP that I am borderline Hashi's according to a Thyroid Ultrasound and high Thyroid Antiobodies. I have been feeling crappy for over a year now but back in March I started noticing a swollen sub clavical gland and low grade fevers. After going back and forth to the Doctors for a gammut of tests including lymph node biopsy, thyroid ultra sound, Ct scan of the neck, a Nuclear bone Scan and Gallium Scan and a crap load of blood work to rule out lymphoma, Infectious diseases, etc... I'm now being told it's my thyroid. I'm just wondering how many of us actually have lymphadnopathy (sp?) of the neck and low grade fevers all the time? I guesse there is still part of me having a hard time believing that this is all caused from my thyroid. I would love to hear from others.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
(female)

bethany79 HB Userbethany79 HB User
Re: Just wondering how many diagnosed with Hashi's has swollen glands and fevers

I have been through the ringer myself for the past year. The possibility of a thyroid condition actually only arouse for me in July when I went to my Pcp because of dysphagia and irregular menses. Low and behold lots of bloodwork ultrasound and fine needle aspiration, I still know nothing. I did find out however that I do have lyme disease. I feel your pain. I haven't been diagnosed with a thyroid condition other than goiter with dominant nodule but I do have swollen lymphnodes and a low grade fever that comes and goes.

Last edited by bethany79; 09-19-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: brain fog

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
(female)

Surfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB User
Re: Just wondering how many diagnosed with Hashi's has swollen glands and fevers

4 years ago I had several bouts of low grade fevers and swollen lymph nodes, each time was told tonsillitis, strep throat, sinus then eventually glandular fever when that was tested, got hospitalized with quinsy (choking throat abscess )eventually they took out tonsils. Constantly sick since, several more diagnoses until April this year was diagnosed hashimotos on antibodies test....still working that treatment out! There is loads of data out there showing how common glandular fever/mono is in people who then get hashi's! Amazing what you learn here isn't it

Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
(female)

bishrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfing4answers View Post
4 years ago I had several bouts of low grade fevers and swollen lymph nodes, each time was told tonsillitis, strep throat, sinus then eventually glandular fever when that was tested, got hospitalized with quinsy (choking throat abscess )eventually they took out tonsils. Constantly sick since, several more diagnoses until April this year was diagnosed hashimotos on antibodies test....still working that treatment out! There is loads of data out there showing how common glandular fever/mono is in people who then get hashi's! Amazing what you learn here isn't it
Yes it is!!!! Lol! I can't tell you how many times I thought I had mono again but since I show a positive EBV blood test, they rule it out. I'm loving this board and all the knowledge from all you lovely friends!! : )

Reply Reply