It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
(female)

sandi2932 HB User
could all my issues be thyroid or adrenal?

My doctor is treating me for each issue but could they be related. Insomnia,fibromyalgia,type 2 diabetes, can.'t loose weighr doctor said my metobolism ia slow,hair breaking off and dry. Constipation. He told me to use a protein shampoo to wash myhair. It does't help. Diidnt loose weight even with 6 wks of slim fast and im taking Lyrica for fibro fibro

Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: could all my issues be thyroid or adrenal?

Those things can all be implicated in hypothyroidism. Every symptom isn't always caused by hypoT, but the 'package' you have consists of the classic hypoT ones. Have you ever had thyroid testing? Don't allow your doctor to make excuses for symptoms, as so many do. Make him work for the money you pay him; make him run the tests.

You need these tests, all of them. If your MD favors only the TSH test, he's not thyroid-savvy. Insist on the other ones. At minimum, you need measurements of TSH and free T4, but it's best to also run free T3, TPO antibodies, and Tg antibodies with those. These will tell you what you need to know about your thyroid status. Again.... TSH alone will not be enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
(female)

Lyrica Survivor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi2932 View Post
My doctor is treating me for each issue but could they be related. Insomnia,fibromyalgia,type 2 diabetes, can.'t loose weighr doctor said my metobolism ia slow,hair breaking off and dry. Constipation. He told me to use a protein shampoo to wash myhair. It does't help. Diidnt loose weight even with 6 wks of slim fast and im taking Lyrica for fibro fibro
How long have you been on Lyrica? I was on Lyrica for five years, it causes weight gain, constipation and insomnia... And a whole lot of other side effects... I'm not sure about your hair though.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
(female)

Tired63 HB User

My Dr had just found my TSH level at 8.80 when I was complaining of headaches, bone and muscle pain. She wanted me in to test for fibromyalgia. I looked up those symptoms and saw thay mirrored Hypothyroid. When I told her I want to wait to see if Leveothroid worked.......she said "Oh yeah, good idea". Please have your Dr do a thyroid blood test panel. Dr's have to be smart to get through all that schooling - but just like the rest of of us - some just completely lack common sense.... Good luck to you and hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Tired63; 09-23-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
(female)

sandi2932 HB User

I've been on Lyrica for about a year. I was on Cymbalta before that and was still having pain so I asked my doctor to switch me to something else, that's when I started the Lyrica. I've had insomnia for about eight years and and the cold sensitity and pain for maybe 6-7. I was diagnosed with Fibro probably about two years ago. After having test after test including a stress test because of the arm pain, I was diagnosed with the fibro.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
(female)

sandi2932 HB User

I also wanted to add that I asked my doctor about the various blood test for thyroid and he told me did all the tests and that he knows what blood tests to run to check my thyroid.
He probably won't like the idea that I'm going to go to an endocrologist (sp). The doctor from the sleep clinic is sending me.

Reply Reply