It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
(female)

Givemeabreak79 HB User
New question regarding new labs?

Hi, i posted on here before recently regarding whether or not T3 would help me out. I just got my new labs and I'm even more hyper than before according to the doc. Lab values are as follows=

TSH- 0.05 (0.40-4.5)
FT3-3.4 (2.3-4.2)
FT4 1.4 (0.8-1.8)

So they are all technically in range, except for the TSH obviously, which is very low. The nurse said my doc said to lower from 200 mcg Synthroid to 175 Mcg Synthroid. I asked the nurse to ask the doc if we could add cytomel as i'm gaining weight incredibly fast as well as being extremely tired and having horrible joint pain Any thoughts, guys? Thanks

Old 09-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
(female)

Givemeabreak79 HB User
Re: New question regarding new labs?

Also, does anyone possibly know if having your TSH suppressed could actually make you gain weight? I thought it was the other way around...I'm so confused :-/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

How long has it been since you reduced the dose? Do you still have hyperT symptoms? Your freeTs don't look hyperT but your TSH could indicate the dose is still a bit too high for You. It takes like a month for TSH to really "catch up" after a dose decrease. It is possible to gain weight when hyperT due to increased appetite, could this be the case with you?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
(female)

Givemeabreak79 HB User

I actually haven't reduced my dose yet as I just got the info this morning. 6 weeks ago I had my dose reduced from 250 mcg to 200 mcg as my TSH was suppressed then as well. I start the 175 mcg tomorrow morning.
I have been really hungry lately, but didn't think I had been eating badly enough to gain 20 lbs Thanks for responding, I really do appreciate it!

Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
(female)

Givemeabreak79 HB User

I'm sorry I forgot to respond about the hyper symptoms. No, I really don't have any of those problems anymore, except for maybe trouble sleeping, though i'm always tired No accelerated heartrate, no agitation anymore, though...

Old 09-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givemeabreak79 View Post
6 weeks ago I had my dose reduced from 250 mcg to 200 mcg as my TSH was suppressed then as well.
Ok, this is what I was thinking about. If you don't have hyperT symptoms anymore I don't think you need another decrease , low TSH alone is not a valid reason to reduce the dose.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
(female)

Givemeabreak79 HB User

I asked them if I could stay on it and she refused It sounds like I need a better doc, but they are soooo hard to find. Thank you

Old 09-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #8
(female)

Givemeabreak79 HB User

Hi FinnMaid, I just figured since you've been so helpful I'd update you. My doctor's office called back and refused the Cytomel. She said since my labs are hyper from too much medication, that the weight has nothing to do with my thyroid, UGH!!! Now i'm being referred to an endocrinologist I think it's time for a new doctor again...

The following user gives a hug of support to Givemeabreak79:
FinnMaid (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Good luck (those labs still don't show hyperT )

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
Givemeabreak79 (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
(female)

Givemeabreak79 HB User

Thank you very much! I just made an appointment with my old doctor. She's far from me and doesn't take my insurance, but she listens, cares about my symptoms and will even prescribe armour if I so choose. That's worth paying for

Reply Reply