It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
(female)

Gemsrite HB UserGemsrite HB User
TMI question

Has anyone else noticed a complete loss of libido since their thyroid issue started? If so, has yours resolved with optimal levels or is it still gone? Just wondering because I think my hubby thinks I don't love him anymore

The following user gives a hug of support to Gemsrite:
Givemeabreak79 (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: TMI question

Yes it does cause loss of libido, and the lower your thyroid hormones are the less libido you have. Your husband needs to see a list of hypothyroidism or hashimotos symptoms and loss of libido is one of them, then he would understand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

Absolutely it gets better! As does the rest of you as you begin to function better all round.
Hashimoto's here and my husband has Grave's.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
(female)

Givemeabreak79 HB User

That's interesting info, I've never heard of the white hairs growing in. That has been happening to me for a couple years now and it doesn't look gray, nor do I seem to be getting more...Thanks for posting that.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
(female)

Gemsrite HB UserGemsrite HB User

Thanks for all the feedback! It's hard to not get lost in it all with all the information out there. I feel so blessed to have found a place to discuss these things with others who understand where I'm at because they've been there themselves. The information I've gotten here is valuable beyond words! I can't see the list anymore that was here this morning but I did read it and it felt like reading my diary!! Thanks again everyone!

Reply Reply