It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
(male)

Deanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB User
Continuing symptoms troubling

Hello all;
I am going to be having my TSH follow-up blood test on monday, about a month after being raised on my Synthroid dose (from 25 to 50 mcg). My last blood test did not show any abnormalities, save for my platelet count, which was some thirty points below the low cut-off, and my "MCHC" which was just a few tenths of a point above normal. All else was well within normal.
I have been having very slight, deep achey sensations in my upper back-ongoing- and steady achiness in my flank area, usually not bi-lateral. My GFR and BUN, to date, are well within normal parameters, so I cannot say that my following symptoms are renal related.
I can no longer have physical intimacy with my wife without feeling extremely weakened afterward, and feeling very, very shakey, with muscle pains in my leg.
Although my general state of fatigue is somewhat lessened since undertaking Synthroid treatment, it is still present. Along with this, I have been having feelings of breathlessness, usually worse at night, a symptom which hypothyroidism can bring on (I do have asthma). Again, my kidney function is well within normal parameters, to date, so no anemia or possible uremia can be indicated.
I can walk my dog for an hour, with bouts of jogging, and not feel myself as awful as when after I have had relations with my wife!
I will be having an a.m. cortisol test, however, a saliva cortisol done a year ago showed all normal, other than a slightly low a.m. reading.
I am eight months into chelation (with four months being exclusively ala, three days on four days off)
My back pains came about two months ago, and are pretty much ongoing. Blood pressure is normal, if not sometimes a bit on the low side (98/75 at dental visit). I also have occasional headaches, muscle aches, but nothing debilitating. Do these sound endocrine related? I read that renal issues can cause poor systemic conversion of T4 to T3, but as I said, kidney values are still within normal. Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply