It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: new labs, advice please (part 3)

hi everybody,

wow has it been that long since I updated my thread? I'll do my best to add some previous stuff later on.

For now new labs are in and the sage continues: TSH: 0.1; FT4 1.02 (or 69 %) and FT3 3.66 (83%). sigh

75 ptu + 162 mcg T4 + 12 + 3 mcg T3 (PTU and T4 has been unchanged for months now but T3 has been with and without the 3 mcg)
I have the impression but can be very wrong. with 3 mcg T3 extra, I end up having my FT3 too high, BUT without it it drops significantly (as my previous posts show somewhere in the 20 %) and I do feel quite hypo. (not like little bit, I'm really back down).
1) I think it's pretty crazy and I cannot understand how such a little dosage would make such a big difference.
2) or would it be that the FT4 is too low and that makes the decrease in T3 that significant?
3) most importantly now what? I cannot have smaller amount T3, these are already capsules the pharmacist makes from 25 mcg tablets so not sure how to go.

4) My crazy mind came up with the idea to go on a holiday. Yes indeed, within 2 weeks I'm going. as such great of course (well I hope so) but I really have to feel better or I wont be able to make it. I have no plans as such other then to sit there in the sun :-) that as such would already be nice since as most of you know I have been pretty sick since I got sick and consequently not been able to do much of anything.

Any advice on the labs/dosage would be dearly appreciated! thanks in advance

ow yeah maybe some symptoms might be convenient too:
- tired (ups and dowsn)
- bloated extreme and the stomach ulcers of course. (not saying this is completely to be reduced to thyroid, but so far nothing else has been found yet which can explain it and I do feel it's somehow related - time will tell)
- diarrea (but sometimes constipated too)
- acne (less but still on chin)
- numbness in hand and feet not too bad though
- foginess
-dragging myself and people get on my nerve again
-teary eyes
- stuffed nose
- heartrate somehow better, sometimes even quite low (very new for me)
-mentally not all that sometimes having a real hard time to keep hoping I will find my sweet spot and to cope and hang in there
- frozen chills again
- sometimes clammy hands but not constant
(will complete this later on)

Last edited by lisa789; 04-22-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #17
(male)

BikerDude HB User

Hi Lisa789,

I think there are plenty of us on this forum that really focus on the numbers, and sometimes that is a good thing. Unfortunately with meds and the thyroid, everyone is somewhat unique in their own way. What works for one, may not work for another.

I'm not a doc, and I can say that over the past seven years of having a thyroid problem, I've become my own guinea pig. Sometimes just when I think I've nailed my problems and discovered the solution and begin to feel great, something odd will pop up within several months and cause my theory to come crumbling down.

Your blood results look good, although for some people having a TSH below 1, can bring on symptom issues, whereas others can't operate at all unless it is almost in the .001 extreme range.

I would not be surprised if your planned vacation does miracles with your symptoms. I know relaxation works wonders with me.

Also, from my experience (meaning me as the Guinea Pig with a thyroid problem), some of your symptoms appear to be due to diet. Whenever I hear the stuffy nose thing that is persistent, or heart rate, or irritableness, or fogginess it signals the possibility that there is something in your diet that perhaps should be reduced (could be sugars, could be gluten, could be dairy, could be eggs, etc). That is something you'd have to figure out on your own.

Best of luck and have a great vacation!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Your labs do look pretty good. I still have no idea why your FT3 acts this crazy with such small dose adjustments .

The diet thing may certainly be something to look into, we've discussed this before too. I've gone practically meat free during the last few weeks (still eating my dairy and whey protein), trying to stay away from white flour, sugar and caffeine and eating my veggies and I would say I feel better. Still not able to properly exercise but I'm able to cycle 15 km to work and back a couple of times a week so that helps with the head (and the butt )

Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

thank you both for the reaction.

Bikerdude: thank you very much. As you mention we're each our Guinea pig indeed, unfortunately and for me those symptoms do fit the thyroid story though. I'm not saying food might not play a factor, I don't know, still haven't managed to figure that out (with some yet). It's crazy how a small dosage of T3 has such an influence on my levels (I know levels don't tell it all, but unfortunately my symptoms really do follow) so maybe food might have an influence on that factor. I really truly don't know. It's such a puzzle and it's hard hanging in there and figuring it out. thank you for the good holiday wishes and wishing you all the best too!

Thanks Finnmaid. Yes my levels crashed again 3 weeks ago (I had them done but did not change anything and now they are back at a good place. i think those 'level crashes' (how else to call them) do play part in the crappy feeling, at the time I did feel pretty hypo, which they showed (FT3 27 %).
Glad you're able to bike again!

hugs to the both of you

Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

another update...

I just received new labs

TSH 0.07

FT4 1.07 (0.54-1.24)

FT3 3.66 (2-50 - 3.90)

medication 75 mcg PTU, 18 mcg T3 + 168 mcg T4

This did not change for months with exception of 6 weeks ago I added 6.25mcg T4 (before that it was 162 mcg for months).

Some symptoms:
-easy emotional, cry easy (that sure is not me)
-depressed, just struggling with it all and easy overwhelmed; people easy get on my nerves; tired and desperate
- bloated belly (very bloated, 6 months pregnant) yet diarrea (very too)
- trouble bringing myself to things (this and the mental part is also the reason why I'm much less on the board- sorry about that)
- easy sweating (yet it's hot outside)
- phyisally tired but trouble falling asleep and mentally tired too
- acne chin
- heelspur again (that sure is related for me)
- stuffed nose
- itchy feet (yet very typical related for me too)
- sometimes strange feeling in my head, it's not new though
ow yeah I cannot say in the last weeks, but I sure did gain some weight (let's say if I compare with last year; which in the previous years dealing with this mess did not happen)
just to name few.

I think although the physical symptoms aren't nice either, currently the mental part seems worse.

Anyway what do you guys think fo these? Any input is more then appreciated.

have a great day!

Last edited by lisa789; 07-12-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #21
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Yet another nice set of results. Still can't help but thinking about the acidity thing, your symptoms do sound like mine. This is a constant struggle, but I've managed to keep it somewhat under control (still no running).

Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

6 weeks ago my labs certainly where very differnent though (the reason why I increased T4) at the time they were FT4 0.87 (47%) FT3 3.32 (59 %) and TSH 0.08.

I really don't know, but even if so don't seem to get that figured out either. I eat very healthy lately and a lots of veggies...

I hope you can get back to running soon.

Reply Reply