It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

kcinr HB User
thyroid?

I was hoping someone might be able to shed light on what may be going on with me. I just had my thyroid tested because of having varying symptoms. Everything has be basically blamed on stress and everything comes back negative.

Blood test came back normal.

My thyroid was tested with the results of TSH 1.401 Range:0.36-3.740

I have had irregular for the last few months and heavy periods for years (and when I first started my period, including large blood clots, hair loss, weight gain/loss, burning stomach (upper left area) bloating, hard and extended stomach, a lot of diarrhea sometimes accompanied with blood (I am assuming from irritation from the diarrhea), and cramping. I also get headaches, sore muscles and aches and knee and elbow aches (all on the right side) from time to time. I don't have a problem going to sleep but I wake up continuously during the night. (I sleep eat too sometimes) nails have become brittle and peeling from top layers along with splitting. Run low grade fevers occasionally

I smoke, drink too much caffeine, don't drink enough water, and do not do regular forms exercise and am over weight. But I am active with work and my kids.

I have had my tubes tied 14 years ago. I have occasional asthma (usually when I have the flu and one inhaler will last me almost a year). I also have problems with hayfever, and sinus problems. I have had the occasional low iron/anemia. Currently a slight blood pressure rise in the last couple of years.

I know this is a lot and at the same time not enough. But could anybody tell me if this is something...other then stress symptoms.

The following user gives a hug of support to kcinr:
lisa789 (10-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: thyroid?

Welcome to the board, although I'm sorry for the reason you're here.

did you have anything else thyroid related tested? unfortunately TSH alone does not give sufficient information and although that's at a good place and consequently one might assume there is no thyroid problem, as I say it does not give the full thyroid picture. Important are FT4 and FT3 since those are the actual thyroid hormone levels.
If possible also thyroid antibodies being antiTPO and antithyroglobuline which would indicate hashimoto.
In order to rule out thyroiddysfunction more information is needed.

Please do note smoking can mask hypoT so it's indeed possible that your TSH falsely seems fine.

hang in there

The following user gives a hug of support to lisa789:
kcinr (10-02-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to lisa789 For This Useful Post:
kcinr (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

kcinr HB User
Re: thyroid?

Thank you for you quick response. Other than regular blood tests which came up normal though by looking at the ranges on some of them, I fall at the very low end of the range.

I know the place I go, they don't really go beyond the basics tests so I guess I will have to ask my doctor to about the additional test available. They did do a cholesterol test and all my numbers were really good except for my triglycerides were in the 300s.

I just looked up hasmato.....and wow! I am seeing a counselor and diagnosis with PTSD (for childhood trauma) and panic attacks (those have been under control for a long time except in extreme conditions when I am getting verbally attacked (I work a front desk at a hotel) the other thing I see on there is the sensitivity to heat and cold. I am almost always to hot. I run around in tank top and shorts (and even then usually too hot) while my kids are complaining that they are cold. Even in the winter I have my window open and the fan on. The kids don't come into my room often because they say its cold in there, and when I go out in the living room and kitchen I am opening windows and turning on the ceiling fan. And less not talk about them complaining that I repeat myself too often.....

Thank you again. I will have to talk with my doctor about additional tests. I really, Really appreciate this.

Also, hope that you have a wonderful day!

The following user gives a hug of support to kcinr:
lisa789 (10-02-2012)
Reply Reply

Tags
stress, thyroid