It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
(female)

sunny1954 HB User
Really confused

I will try my best to try to expain but I'm having trouble understanding any of this...so I'll start with my last labs and see if you can help me.
Tsh 0.01
T4 1.1
T3 3.5
I had been on natural thyroid(2 and 1/2 grains) and isocort(4 pellets a day)
Now I'm on a compound of
C-liothyronine/levothyroxine
16mcg/67mcg
isocort 2 pellets twice a day
I was also on a harmone patch but wasn't able to take it...my mind is in a fog today and can really remember why but I think it made me itch really bad.
This last compound I have been on for about 2 weeks. I feeling really depressed because I can't seem to shake this and start to feel better. I go to a naturalpathic Dr now but feel really confused lately with her. Can't seem to find any answers. I have an appointment with a endocrinologist the end of the month and I hope I can find some answers and help. I just want to feel better and it's getting very disappointing to keep hoping this will end soon. Want my energy back and my old self.. and the expense had me pretty much broke.
Any comment will be appriciated
Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
(female)

sunny1954 HB User
Re: Really confused

sorry I forgot to put the ranges
Tsh...0.01 (0.45-4.50)
T4 free...1.1 (0.8-1.7)
T3 free ...3.5 (2.0-4.8)
Thanks for any input I really appreciate it
Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I do understand how frustrating this can be. I'm sorry you're going through it.

You need to post the lab's reference ranges for each test. We can't comment on your levels without them.

Your new compound med is a much lower dose than the natural you were taking. The natural's components amounted to 22.5 mcgs of T3 and 95 mcgs of T4 versus the 16 mcgs and 67 you now take. I don't understand your doctor's reasoning for reducing the dose so much. Did she explain that to you?

I don't know much about the way those other hormone deficiencies impact your thyroid disease, but it does seem as if your doctor is trying to help. I'd just want to know why your thyroid dose was reduced.

Last edited by midwest1; 10-08-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Edited to adjust math errors

Old 10-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Looks like we posted at the same time.

Your last FT4 was still well below mid-range, and your FT3 was just barely mid-range. That dose reduction now makes even less sense. I'd be having a nice heart-to-heart chat with the doctor if I were you. She may have a good reason for it... Maybe based on your apparent adrenal sluggishness or something else... But I'd want to know in any case.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
(female)

sunny1954 HB User

Thank you so much....it is so confusing...now maybe I can get some feedback from her.
Sunny

Reply Reply