It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

Rayzorramone HB User
Question What do you guys think of these labs?

I'll get this out of the way right at the start. I am undiagnosed, but searing for an answer. I have a huge number of hypo symptoms (which I can deal with) but the fatigue is killing me. I've had the fatigue for years but it is getting worse. Do you guys think these labs indicate anything or should I continue searching for another answer to my fatigue? My doctor says that I'm normal and have nothing to worry about. She also seems to think nothing of my persistent fatigue. She told me it was normal to be tired all the time and fall asleep at evening functions (really anything past 8pm is a write off). Movies, parties, concerts, I have fallen asleep at them all. Any thoughts? I also had a CBC done which was normal but my absolute lymphocytes were at the cut off for upper end of the labs range. I can post those number too if they would be of assistance.

Thanks!

TSH 1.98mu/l (0.3-5.6)
T4 free 10.0 pmol/l (7.2-21.0) 20% of range
(10.0pmol/l = 0.77ng/dl)
Free T3 4.3pmol/l (2.9-6.0) 45% of range
(4.3pmol/l = 0.33ng/dl)
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
(female)

nataschaireland HB User
Re: What do you guys think of these labs?

Hi, how r u, frm what your labs shows, everything is normal and within range, so u dont have anything wrong with ur thyroid, what age r u and where r u frm. did u think of any other things that could be wrong

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
(female)

Rayzorramone HB User

I'm not looking for a wrong diagnosis, I just know that I'm not feeling "right" and that there must be a reason for it. Im starting to feel a bit crazy. I am 27 F in Canada. I have had an ESR test, a rheumatoid factor test, an xrays of hands and knees to rule out Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. All came back clean. My biologial aunt has narcolepsy, and my mother has sleep apnea so it may be a sleep issue. I don't believe it is apnea as I am not obese and don't tend to snore.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

TSH 1.98mu/l (0.3-5.6)
T4 free 10.0 pmol/l (7.2-21.0) 20% of range
(10.0pmol/l = 0.77ng/dl)
Free T3 4.3pmol/l (2.9-6.0) 45% of range
(4.3pmol/l = 0.33ng/dl)

when were your labs taken? (morning, afternoon, evening?) TSh has a tendency to fluctuate yet decline during the day.
That being said, tsh looks normal but does not say it all, does not give sufficient information. Most need their Free levels (FT4 and FT3) at least midrange or higher, we see your FT4 is 20 %. Might be too low for your body's needs and would be for most. When those drop too low those are the ones causing symptoms.

Were your antibodies ever checked? if not you might consider having those checked. In case you have them, that woudl point at hashimoto's and might help in getting treatment. (with those labs not easy to find a doctor who would start treatment)

Old 11-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I'd keep looking for a smarter doctor if I were you. Your FT4 could explain most of your symptoms. I would not put my health in the hands of any doctor who says your degree of fatigue is in any way "normal".

Lisa's right that it might be hard finding someone who'll treat, but it shouldn't be impossible with enough persistence. Ask for the antibody tests (TPO and Tg) that she mentioned. Positive results can sometimes convince an otherwise reluctant MD to treat. Go for your next TSH test as early in the morning as you can manage, because it could be higher at that time of day and could also convince an MD to treat now.

Let us know what happens, okay?

Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
(female)

Rayzorramone HB User

Thanks for all the information guys! I will ask my doctor about these other tests. If it's not thyroid then that's fine I just wanted an idea of where to focus my energy. Pursue thyroid or look for a different answer. You guys have way more experience with lab values and what is "normal" than I feel my doctor does. For the record I had my blood taken at about 1pm.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Try to get there when the lab opens next time. It can make a big difference!
Fasting from midnight may also help a bit.
Just don't give up yet on the thyroid angle!

Reply Reply

Tags
fatigue, ft4, thyroid, tired, tsh