It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

imperfection77 HB Userimperfection77 HB User
Hey Hypo gals! Have you lost any weight?

Hey everybody. As most of you know I'm Hypothyroid. I'm feeling lots better but still struggling to lose weight. I'm not a heavy girl but I am 20lbs heavier just in 2 years. I just want to lose 10lbs. I work out at home...I'm counting calories and I started to see the pounds fall off....then I quit smoking. Yep 2 months smoke free Now my weight is going back up. I'm not replacing my cigarettes with food. Any suggestions?

Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
(female)

softshoe812 HB User
Re: Hey Hypo gals! Have you lost any weight?

No good advice - I am just starting this journey myself. But I wanted to congratulate you on quitting smoking. I know from personal experience that it's very hard to do!

Hope you continue to feel better and better.

The Following User Says Thank You to softshoe812 For This Useful Post:
imperfection77 (12-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

Great job in quitting smoking. My girlfriend also quit smoking but packed on like 40 lbs. I used to be on the "cigarette diet" and loss weight. But those were when i was younger. Just remember that those last 10 lbs are usually the hardest weight to get off. You will have to change up your routine because you have come to a plateau in your workouts. Try something different, another workout perhaps....I'm going to start Insanity with my girlfriend next month. Also changing up with the foods you eat can also help you lose weight. I don't count calories so another kudos for the discipline.

The Following User Says Thank You to iona_23 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
(female)

Thank you both! Still smoke free! Since it's the holidays my weight is going up and down. I'm not snacking and I got me one of those portion control plates. I am doing just dance (believe it or not it does help) I'd like to start on zumba fitness next. I really would like the Chuck Norris total gym but will wait and buy that when I can actually afford it.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hi, I lost right much weight initially in 2000 when I was diagnosed and put on medication. Then my weight fluctuated for a few years and then I was recently diagnosed with addison's disease where I have to take hydrocortisone (steroids) everyday so I guess you know what that means, weight gain.

Its awful I just keep going up and up plus I got hypo again and they had to make an adjustment in my meds and I don't go back until January so I don't know were I'm at TSH wise. I'm always tired so don't feel like working out.

Congrats on quitting smoking that is the best accomplishment! Please don't get discouraged the holidays are the hardest even if you don't gain that is good! I agree switching things up a bit is a great idea.

Good luck and good job! Cathy

The following user gives a hug of support to noevr:
The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
(female)

Awww I'm sorry Cathy. I gotta wait til the end of January before I go back too. I have one doc who checks my tsh my freet3 and my free t4 and if she is not in they stick me with the doc who only checks my tsh. I prefer not to get him because sometimes my tsh is normal and he wont up my dose then. That's what I get for going to a clinic I guess.

thanks! I'm so glad I'm not smoking anymore. I still have my moments where I want one. I'm on chantix though so it takes the edge off.

Reply Reply