It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

jewalsh1 HB User
Hypothyroid systems and Bloodwork

I have been having systems of Hypothyroidism for the past 1-2years. Irregular heartbeat, Low heart rate, inabilaty to lose weight, fullness in my neck dry skin and hair, swollen legs. My gynocologist asked me last January if my throat has been bothering me and at that time I said no, but he though I should go to my Family Practitioner to have my thyroid checked. I did last year and I did not get my results but they told me everything was normal. After an ultrasound they told me it was an enlarged goiter at the time and I just went with it thinking ok there is nothing really wrong. that was last Jan. No the past two months I have been having this feeling of Swelling in my throat, difficulty swollowing and a feeling of Pain in my neck all the way up to my ears. I thought maybe I was getting an ear infection or something. I went back to my doctor and told him of the systems and that I was still having all the other symptons as well. I am also constipated and he checked my heart rate and said it was still very slow, and he documented that I gained 25lbs since last year. I new I gained weight even though I was running 2miles every other day in the summer but just thought it was part of my difficulty losing weight. He told me it has to be my Thyroid, I have not infection and my thyroid Gland (not sure if that is correct wordage or not) is very swollen which is causing a pulling and streching and is why I am having the pain I am having. So he ran more thyroid and also my cholesterol as well. I got the results back today and these I had sent to me and my doctor. My Cholestoral both HDL and LDL is high which is wasn't last year. and my Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct is 1.05, my TSH is 3.25. The report says that these two numbers are in the normal range but the research I saw says that anyting above 2.5 is not normal. I haven't heard from my Dr. yet. Anythoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Hypothyroid systems and Bloodwork

Your TSH and free T4 show you to be hypothyroid, even if they are within range. They aren't representative of those within the healthy population. Your symptoms confirm that these aren't good levels for you. If your doctor doesn't offer to treat you as hypothyroid, and if you can't convince him to let you try it, consult someone else.

Reply Reply