It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User
"Subclinical" hyperthyroid and major fatigue.

I got a more recent test of my thyroid levels... TSH was 0.34 (low, and down from 0.6 in August), free T4 was 1.4 which is normal. I think I'm having some hyper symptoms. I have to eat all the time yet I have IBS symptoms/nausea and it makes it more difficult to eat, I can't sleep at night but I am exhausted during the day, every now and then I get heart palpitations, my heart rate stays pretty fast, I get bad anxiety, my body absolutely cannot handle stress, etc. Do these sound like hyper symptoms? Is the fatigue normal? I get plenty of sleep but I'm still tired all the time. Can anything be done for me even though I don't have a definite diagnosis?

Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
(female)

WhatWasIThinkin HB User
Re: "Subclinical" hyperthyroid and major fatigue.

OMG I feel your pain!! I've been suffering for over a year with no relief in sight, and I don't know for however long before that. Someone on here posted about chrushing fatigue and I'll tell you that's how I feel. Sometimes I have to sit and catnap or i feel like I will just pass out. Nausea, yes. Heart palpitaions, yes. Anxiety, yes. Stress, OMG, stress makes me want to freak out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

Wow, sounds like we have a lot of the same symptoms! Have you had your thyroid checked?

Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

WhatWasIThinkin HB User

Oh yes. I go to the endo every 6 months so he can read my blood work and pretty much tell me to suck it up for 6 six more months.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

Ugh, that scares me because I just asked to be referred to an endo hoping they'd be better!
What are your levels like?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

I just thought of a way to describe my symptoms and I'm wondering if you can relate.
You know how when you've drank too much coffee and haven't eaten much, you don't really feel more energized, you just feel worn out and lightheaded but your heart is racing? That's how I feel pretty much all the time. And I think that's why I need to eat all the time... it's like when you've had too much caffeine and you feel the need to eat to absorb it but you're nauseous so food doesn't sound very good. I feel like that every day. Does that make sense?

Reply Reply