It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

bittygirl HB User
hypo and doc wont up meds

so I was on 60 mg armour for over a year and doing really well. my tsh was 0.19 at my last test. its been running about 0.30 before that andI have been feeling great. my doc lowerd my meds to 55 mg then to 45 mg over the last several months. my tsh is now 2.98 and I have been really tired, retaing water ect. my doctor says im to thin and she wont up my meds. I find this strange. she says before that I was on the hyper end accourding to the number and now she tells me my tsh number s 2.98 and I get upset and she said its just a number. yeah but it should go on how I feel and she knows that. she said I got to thin on my last dose and it puts my heart at risk or somthing. i dont agree with this. im 87 pounds right now. a year and 3 months ago I was about 92. i have alwyys been a small person and bird eater and she knows this. I tell her I was feeling really good on 60mg armour and she said oh of course you were its like giving you speed. what kind of comment is that! anyway. I think its wrong to not treat my tsh number because she thinks im to thin. thats 2 different issues if you ask me. what do you think about all this?
im so frustrated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: hypo and doc wont up meds

I'm frustrated for you, too. The arrogance of that woman is astounding. I'd be on the hunt for a new MD ASAP.

"Speed"... ??!!?? No one who is overmedicated feels well that way. It's as horrible as being hypo. If she had half a brain, she wouldn't think people actually like being hyper!

And the "just a number" comment is plain asinine. If it's "just a number", let the number be the .30 where you felt well and happy!

There are so many things wrong with the way she's treating you, she doesn't deserve to be paid with your money for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
(female)

bittygirl HB User
Re: hypo and doc wont up meds

thank you. im glad im not the only one that sees somethig wrong with this picture. My problem is I have tried to find a new doc several times. I want to be on armour like i am now and no one will gve it to me. this doc does and test my tyroid every 3 months but the rest of the crap has to go. she was working with me to on how I feel so im not sure what changed. its so stressful trying to find a new doc that will work with me. I dont know what to do about this and its depressing. the doc i see is an endocrionolgist. I wish I could find a DO that would work with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
I'm frustrated for you, too. The arrogance of that woman is astounding. I'd be on the hunt for a new MD ASAP.

"Speed"... ??!!?? No one who is overmedicated feels well that way. It's as horrible as being hypo. If she had half a brain, she wouldn't think people actually like being hyper!

And the "just a number" comment is plain asinine. If it's "just a number", let the number be the .30 where you felt well and happy!

There are so many things wrong with the way she's treating you, she doesn't deserve to be paid with your money for it.

Reply Reply