It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
(female)

Jess124 HB User
How to ease symptoms while waiting for test results

Hi everyone,
I had thyroiditis two years ago. We did the wait and see bc I really didnt have any symptoms except a pain in my jaw/neck. So after 8 months of monthly monitoring by an endo my TSH was 3.78 and the antibodies, and free T3, T4 were fine. I was losing weight back then but on weight watchers and running for exercise. Endo said the hyper may have helped me lose the weight.

Now two years later, almost to the day I have been feeling off for a couple months now, palpitations, always cold but sweaty,anxious,on edge, irritable, chills, cannot sleep, losing weight, terrible GERD, trouble swallowing and eating, no appetite, etc. My temperature has been fluctuating from 97 to 98.7 as I can feel my body getting hot and then cold.

I called my endo and unfortunately cannot get in to see him for a couple weeks. I asked to have some bloodwork done in his lab and did that yesterday. He is doing both antibodies, free T3, Free T4, TSH and maybe some other things. So I have been trying really hard to stay calm, deep breating, yoga, walking on the treadmill, etc but it's hard. I havent slept a full night in a week and even then I was up in the middle of the night but fell back asleep after an hour. I typically have been getting 2-5 hours of sleep a night the past couple weeks and its draining on me and my family. I have some zantax for fear of flying (which I never had used)and have taken a half of one of those twice now to help my anxiety the past month. I am tempted to take one now to see if it helps. I know it helped my shoulder/back pain the day I took a half so I think it eases my sore and tight muscles from the stress/anxiety too.
Any other sugestions? I am so hoping to find something out this Monday from the bloodwork, which is Christmas Eve, so if I have a thyroid issue we can get started on treatment so I will feel better before the doctors offices close down for the holiday. It's so hard feeling crappy with the holidays, shopping, travel, my kids activities. I am just going minute to minute getting by and missing out on the wonderful time of year with my family. I would appreciate any suggestions or even just some words of support, I sure could use them. Thank you
Jess

The following user gives a hug of support to Jess124:
midwest1 (12-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply