It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User
Am I even hyper at all?

I have heard SO much mixed info about thyroid levels and it's driving me crazy... don't know what I'm doing requesting MORE info but I'm trying to get an understanding of this so here goes.
My TSH is 0.34. In August it was 0.6. The lab's range is 0.45-4.5 but I have heard 0.3-3.0 is more accurate. Is this true?
Free T4 was 1.4 most recently, but was 1.44 in August. Range was 0.8-1.8.
I had total T4 checked in July and it was borderline high, I forget what the number was.
I don't think I've had T3 levels checked, if I have they weren't abnormal because I was never told what they were.

I can't think of ANYTHING else that would be causing my symptoms, especially the heart palpitations and needing to eat often, so could thyroid levels like mine cause hyperthyroid symptoms? I am so confused by all the conflicting opinions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
(female)

fresnogirl HB Userfresnogirl HB User
Re: Am I even hyper at all?

first off, do you have hashimotos?

those symptoms are definitely hyper related. i have those symptoms as well when i've upped my medication. those are the signs of thyroid moving levels.

you need to have free t3 levels checked by your doctor, it tells a picture of whats really going on. total t3/t4 are useless.

have you had antibodies also done? specifically, tpo, tsi, and tgab?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

I don't know what I have, I haven't been diagnosed with anything. I think the only thyroid tests I've had are total T4, free T4, and TSH. If I've had T3 tested it was normal because they never told me about it. I haven't been tested for any antibodies.
It's pretty hard for me because I can't find a doctor who even thinks I have a thyroid problem. My regular doctor didn't even seem to think I needed more tests.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

At a glance you don't look hyperthyroid because your free t4 is not high in the range. You could use more testing for thyroid antibodies, and tsi for graves, and a free t3 test would be helpful too.

There may be something up with that low tsh---sometimes levels go up and down with thyroid disease. It's hard to find a doctor that will listen, especially when it comes to thyroid issues and blood work like yours.

You might have to keep looking for a better doctor, and keep watching the blood work over time.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

Thank you. I'm going to try to get tested for antibodies ASAP.
In addition to the other symptoms, the way I felt last night had me really thinking something was up with my thyroid. I was stressed about something but a few years ago it wouldn't have stressed me out that much. I was staying at my dad's and I didn't have my amitriptyline that helps me sleep. So I couldn't sleep until 8 in the morning because I was having uncontrollable racing thoughts, my heart was pounding, etc. This morning I felt really sick. I know how my body reacts to stress and this is not normal for me.

Reply Reply