It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
(female)

Jess124 HB User
FInally some bloodwork results

Hi everyone,
I have been waiting on results to see why I am having hyper symptoms the past couple weeks. I finally got them. My endo says they are normal, the FT4 is a "little high, but normal for me" per the endo dr.

T3 86 (84-172)
FT4 1.7 (.650-1.4)
TSH 2.89 (.4-4.0)

I will say my symptoms have gotten a little better but its almost like I am swinging to the hypo side now. I am way calmer and now more tired but I also havent slept a full night sleep in a week and we have been traveling for the holidays.

Here is my last post with my symptoms:
Two years ago I had thyroiditis, hyper and then hypo which eventually my TSH went to 3.8 after 8 months, so I never had to be on any meds. I really didnt have any symptoms except for some pain around my neck and jaw. The endo could barely feel my thyroid being inflamed. I also have had mild fibromyalgia for almost 11 years,. The fibro started right after my daughter was born. I am not any any meds for fibro except advil and muscle relaxers as needed.
I am now having palpitations, anxiety, feeling cold with cold hands and feet (but sweaty feet-wierd!), tired but cannot sleep at night, losing weight, nauseaus,losing weight, GERD acting up, different sharp paiin in my shoulders, chest, etc.then with the fibro, feeling in a fog, hard to concentrate, etc..
I have had chest, neck and shoulder xrays,MRI of my neck,normal bloodwork done, EKG which showed PACs, abdominal us, etc. They did find a UTI which was a surprise and I finished the antibiotics for that. I am 43 years old and exercise 5 days a week and currently on Weight watchers trying to lose the last 10 lbs so I eat pretty healthy.

I would love any advice and if you think I need some meds I can go to my primary doctor and see if she can help me.

Thanks
Jess

Last edited by Jess124; 12-28-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: FInally some bloodwork results

Can you double check your numbers and correct them if necessary? The FT4 range doesn't look right.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
(female)

Jess124 HB User

Thanks Midwest I corrected it in the original post.

I also have to add that I have felt pretty good today. The fatique must have been from traveling and lack of sleep. I slept pretty well last night and have had good energy all day today.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Thanks for the correction. Am glad you're feeling a little better. Hope it continues!

As a layperson, I gotta say... You're a puzzling case. It makes little sense that your FT4 would be so high above range and your TSH as high as it is with your T3 scraping the ground. It just doesn't add up to me, and it doesn't seem anywhere near "normal", either.

There have been greater minds than mine on this board over the years who would probably be able to figure out what's going on. I wish I were one. The only thing that seems a possibility (to me) is pituitary dysfunction. A TSH-secreting adenoma of the pituitary might explain the high-normal TSH plus high FT4. And there are hypothalamic disorders that can do weird things with levels, but these are even rarer than pituitary problems.

You should explore all the possibilities with the most cooperative and thyroid-knowledgeable MD you can find. Just don't accept that everything is "normal" when you don't feel "normal".

Best of luck!

Reply Reply