It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
less on the board and your opinion

hi everybody,

First of all let me wish you a happy 2013, my best wishes for everybody.

These days I'm less on the board due to 2 reasons but will be back soon enough, so no worries (and if anybody has something they would like to ask me, please don't hesitate to send me a pm).
1) levels being more off again (that's what the question is about)
2) severe fire (house completely gone) at my mothers.

My question concerns my levels, last results (I'm having trouble with the days these days but must have been like 10 days ago) came back very hypo (FT3 27 % and FT4 somewhere around 57 % if I reclal correctly, don't have the results by hand) but my results 3 weeks prior to that were hyper. Point is those hyporesults were weird but made sense with my symptoms, I was also dealing with some cold week prior to that so not sure whether that might have influenced things.
Anyway currently although I really do my best to keep calm, of course there is no escaping the stress. Physically I don't do anything (I'm just way to sick to be even considering that) but I try to be there for them the best I can, so for me the trip and stuff is already a lot to do physically. anyway point is I do notice my body reacts on things, I'm not sure whether my symptoms are hypo or hyper at this point, but I'm inclined to think it could be tiny bit hyper (but not energetic whatsoever, if only).

Sorry if I'm not clear, my mind is a bit foggy (so could be hypo anyway). Anyway since the hyporesults came out of the blue (but the symptoms at the time sure where hypo) and things are changing and what not, I did not adjust anything with those results, because it was odd, I wanted to wait and see how things would evolve the days afterwards. Point being I'm thinking to not do anything now, yes I feel like crap but well don't want to mess anythign up on the longer run and don't want to make things worse either, it all is already hard enough to deal with so although I feel bad, I cannot have worse now. So was thinking to just have new labs done next week and see what those say and go from there? (so leave the hypo ones aside and just see where I landed).

what do you guys think?

hugs and

Last edited by lisa789; 12-29-2012 at 01:33 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to lisa789:
mkgbrook (01-03-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: less on the board and your opinion

Hi hun Sorry to hear these news Given your history of crazy fluctuating levels it might be a good idea to give it a bit more time - maybe this is some temporary set back. Hang in there Hugs

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
lisa789 (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
(female)

Songbird55 HB UserSongbird55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa789 View Post
hi everybody,

First of all let me wish you a happy 2013, my best wishes for everybody.

These days I'm less on the board due to 2 reasons but will be back soon enough, so no worries (and if anybody has something they would like to ask me, please don't hesitate to send me a pm).
1) levels being more off again (that's what the question is about)
2) severe fire (house completely gone) at my mothers.

My question concerns my levels, last results (I'm having trouble with the days these days but must have been like 10 days ago) came back very hypo (FT3 27 % and FT4 somewhere around 57 % if I reclal correctly, don't have the results by hand) but my results 3 weeks prior to that were hyper. Point is those hyporesults were weird but made sense with my symptoms, I was also dealing with some cold week prior to that so not sure whether that might have influenced things.
Anyway currently although I really do my best to keep calm, of course there is no escaping the stress. Physically I don't do anything (I'm just way to sick to be even considering that) but I try to be there for them the best I can, so for me the trip and stuff is already a lot to do physically. anyway point is I do notice my body reacts on things, I'm not sure whether my symptoms are hypo or hyper at this point, but I'm inclined to think it could be tiny bit hyper (but not energetic whatsoever, if only).

Sorry if I'm not clear, my mind is a bit foggy (so could be hypo anyway). Anyway since the hyporesults came out of the blue (but the symptoms at the time sure where hypo) and things are changing and what not, I did not adjust anything with those results, because it was odd, I wanted to wait and see how things would evolve the days afterwards. Point being I'm thinking to not do anything now, yes I feel like crap but well don't want to mess anythign up on the longer run and don't want to make things worse either, it all is already hard enough to deal with so although I feel bad, I cannot have worse now. So was thinking to just have new labs done next week and see what those say and go from there? (so leave the hypo ones aside and just see where I landed).

what do you guys think?

hugs and
Hi Lisa,
For me, stress definitely affects my thyroid.
At times I can feel as if I'm not being treated at all.
Usually within a few days to a week I will return to normal levels.
What you're going through with your Mom is definitely stress.
Big time stress.
I think with Thyroid disease, the hormones that regulate stress in our bodies are just not functioning properly.
I can almost predict after a major stress...my symptoms are going to be returning.
Joint pain, mouth burning, freezing hands, brain fog, etc.
I just had a brain MRI ( what fun!) for vertigo and ear "swooshing"..(Which both can be symptoms of hypothyroidism).. but it was so stressful I felt my symptoms would return. I could just feel it coming.
It's been 3 days now and I'm starting to feel back to normal...but the one time event that I had is nowhere near the stress you are continuing to go through.
Hugs to you from across the pond.

The Following User Says Thank You to Songbird55 For This Useful Post:
lisa789 (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

thx ladies.

Yeah I already noticed that stress has influence, actually already had that before I really got sick during exams at college and stuff something happened to my body what I recognized later on in my thyroid story, that's why I'm careful in that regard and the previous hypo might have been influenced by that cold thing, well who knows maybe some fluke/temporary thing. so guess wait and try to have labs done next week and see where I landed.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

(((Hugs))) Lisa.

You've gotten good advice already. Stress is vicious on a body, regardless of thyroid status.

Speaking for myself, it always helps if I make myself move. Doesn't have to be much... Some good long stretches always make muscles feel better, less tense. When my feet don't hurt too much, I take a slow walk on my treadmill. (Outdoors would be even better, but I have my reasons why I don't do it that way.)

And then... Don't discard the idea that there could be other reasons besides the numerical thyroid levels. I'm sure you've seen me say it before... Not every symptom that can be caused by thyroid always is caused by it. You must surely be depressed by your mother's bad fortune. That kind of thing can weigh on a body with real physical symptoms like a boulder sitting on one's shoulders, you know?

Feel better soon.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Lisa,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I offer my best regards with all your future endeavors.

Stress can induce a high cortisol out put. Cortisol is the t4 to t3 conversion inhibitor. Certain illness can also have an effect as well as diet, medications and more.

I hope things stabilize soon! Keep an eye on your thyroid function, possibly retest in a few weeks. It is possible for hyperT functioning thyroid to collapse from overuse as a runner can collapse from exhaustion.

My family has seen it time and again in our pure Graves suffering members. Those with hashi's just wait til the thyroid is destroyed during daily operations and the hashi's graves hybrids live the turf war until the thyroid is destroyed.

I truly send you my best regards for you and your family at this time.

Sincerely,
MG

Reply Reply