It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

tracymc HB User
Synthroid and Armour Thyroid

I am taking Synthroid 100mcg and Armour Thyroid 15mg. I had lab work done and my TSH is 4.30 and my T4 is 7.5. I started having fast heart rate and feeling very tired. Do you think I am feeling this way because Im not taking enough Synthroid.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Synthroid and Armour Thyroid

You're not taking enough of something, maybe both.
Your free T4 and free T3 levels both need to be monitored to know how to adjust your dose. It appears your MD has tested your total T4 and not your T3 at all. I need to know the lab range for the T4 to know for certain, but your T4 is probably way too low. Without a free T3 test, it's hard to know if your Armour needs to be increased.

In either event, your TSH is far too high to be optimal for anyone. Your symptoms are almost certainly being caused by your inoptimally treated hypothyroidism.

The Following User Says Thank You to midwest1 For This Useful Post:
tracymc (01-07-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Synthroid and Armour Thyroid

Ditto Midwest.

Your Armour is a very low dose, but it artificially suppresseS TSH. This would imply that your too highTSH is even higher still.

Like Midwest I recommend that you insist on full thyroid panel testing so that you know what is going on with actual thyroid levels and conversion. You are obviously not at your optimal thyroid supplemental dosage yet.

Right now all we can see is that the TSH is too high INDICATING HYPOT and that your md ran a very in accurate t4 test versus the accurate free t4 and free t3 test that are not influenced by things like estrogen and various foods you may eat during the day.

I also recommend that you post ranges inaddition to your results. It allows for a better perspective of where you are in relation to the normal range for your test.

Sincerely,
MG

The Following User Says Thank You to mkgbrook For This Useful Post:
tracymc (01-07-2013)
Reply Reply