It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
(male)

stevefromsd HB User
Can you take half Synthroid and half Armour Thyroid?

Just curious if anyone uses them together at that ratio.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Can you take half Synthroid and half Armour Thyroid?

I AM not an MD. BUT from my experience and six other thyroid suffering females in my family. You can use any combination of thyroid supplementation that you and your MD agree is right for you.

I had to add one grain or 60 mg of armour thyroid to my 175 mcgs of Synthroid through out my pregnancy and during the postpartum lactation phase. My body needed the added T3 and T4 to handle the demands placed on my system. Now I am back on pure T4 and as I lose weight and things shift I need to re-titrate thyroid hormone demand as necessary. My last blood work had me high in T3 again. So I am backing down on my T4 once more.

The key to getting optimal and staying optimal for me and my family sufferers is regular blood work and daily symptom logging. In our experience body will tell you things are off long before blood work.

There is no standard dose for all thyroid sufferers. What medication you need is dependent on your thyroid functionality or lack of... And each individuals body chemistry and processing of the thyroid hormone.

It is essential to have a knowledgable Thyroid savvy MD on your side. They are rare find. If you manage to trap and catch one. Hold on to that MD!

Good luck!

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply